• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good non branded vinyl for PRINT LAM CUT Stickers.

Tcobshea

I am looking for the best non branded backing vinyl for print lam cut stickers.

I currently am using Rolands MATTE, and its pretty solid. But Im sure there is something much better out there.

Thanks in advance!

Saturn

Aging Member
First Question, Why? Why does it matter if it is unbranded?

Everything else being equal I can't imagine why it wouldn't be preferable.

I think it depends if we're talking bumper stickers for a construction company, or for someone selling their art as individual units at a gift shop or online. Construction company doesn't care, but the gift shop person is just going to think the blank back is cleaner looking. There's no vinyl manufacturer name that is going to add prestige to the finished piece of a merch table sticker. Oracal's grid in particular might have a little "Cricut" air to it, deserved or not. :(

Orafol seems to be the worst offender when it comes to branded liner, I think most other big manufacturers are unbranded. ?

SignosaurusRex

I am looking for the best non branded backing vinyl for print lam cut stickers.

I currently am using Rolands MATTE, and its pretty solid. But Im sure there is something much better out there.

Thanks in advance!
If you are looking for a good, reasonably priced, unbranded "Calendered" Vinyl with matched Lam, Denco Sales has a "House Brand" called "Aspire". You being in California, it would come out of Fresno or Ontario.

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

I can see using 3M vinyl with their logo on the back being a positive thing, to the general public, 3M is known as a very premium product, and it shows that you use quality materials, even if Arlon, Oracal etc are all equally good, they don't have the same brand recognition to the general public.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Arlon used to have giant red arlon letters all over it. It would even weep onto stuff if it got wet. Their new logo is much smaller and only printed at like 50% grey, so harder to see at least.
3m calendered stuff like ij35 is printed with a similar color of grey, but their cast stuff has the dark blue logo plain as day across the room.
For whatever reason, and this has annoyed me for years, nobody prints sh*t on the back of their laminate. Maybe they all know I save it for patterns, and they clearly want to keep me as a customer.
Oraguard has a grid pattern on the back of their laminate.