• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good place to buy Window tint?

capone27

I don't know where to post this but I have a customer that wants some sign work and also some privacy window tint installed (storefront not auto). I have never installed tint but I am sure it can't be that hard on big flat window.

If anyone can help me out with a supplier and any info I would be very great full.

thanks
Capone

Pro Image

CP Performance Films is in Ohio......Goggle them for their #.......They sell LLumar tint.........And get me a free shirt when you order too..........LOL

weaselboogie

but I am sure it can't be that hard on big flat window.

Don't assume that if you've never done it before. Tint isn't nearly as forgiving as vinyl and a 1/4 millimeter spec of dirt will leave a 2 millimeter bubble around the speck. Tint exagerates your mistakes.

slipperyfrog

I would agree with weasel. Tint may look easy but you need to know the techniques to apply it correctly. You are asking for trouble to show up a customers site and try to learn. You are best to hire a professional tinter to do the window and get it done right.

I do tint but took a training course. Let me tell you it opens your eyes.

capone27

Thanks for the responses...... I didn't want to do it. I will look for a pro and stick to sign stuff

Might buy some just to play with but that is about it.

thanks again

Capone

weaselboogie

Thanks for the responses...... I didn't want to do it. I will look for a pro and stick to sign stuff

Might buy some just to play with but that is about it.

thanks again

Capone

Very smart move. See if the tint guy will give you some scrap or if you can buy some off of him. Tell him that you're tinting your glasses.

Techman

ya.. i posted several times about tinting.. and how to clean the entire area around the job. Not just the glass. but the sills. the floor, the walls, move the curtains. the blinds and anything else that could cause dust. Clean every thing within 1 meter..

Even under the window gaskets around those commercial windows.

Any dirt at all will leave a mark. The only way to move it is to flood the area and hope that tiny spec isn't embedded into the adhesive..

slipperyfrog

Oh and one more important tip. Get rid of ALL of your carbon steel razor blades. They will scratch the glass. Change them all to stainless steel.