• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good script font to use

stephenj148

****This is a Typography project for school****

The objective of this project is to create an accordion booklet using a song lyric or quote and design it typographically.

I'm using a lyric from SOJA-Rest of My Life.

I downloaded this font for "rough draft use" From Dafont.com.... I really don't like the idea of using this downloaded font, it works well and has the idea I'm going for in parts of my design, but I'm looking at script fonts, and don't really know where to start...

I downloaded this to see if I liked the design style of the font with the grunge, but I'd like to create this effect myself now that I like it and need a starting font to use, but I don't really have the knowledge of "good script fonts" vs. "bad script fonts"

Anyone have any suggestions? I've attached a screen shot of the downloaded font I'm using as of right now...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-01 at 10.51.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-01 at 10.51.07 PM.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 44

SignosaurusRex

Have you checked out any of the scripts from A&S SIGNFONTS ( a Merchant Member here)
Check out fonts from SUDTIPOS at Veer.com/FONTS. There are a number of other great font collections there as well to browse. Another good collection of scripts is at TypeSetIt.com You might check out MUSTANG or STREETBRUSH from Rob Arnow at MyFonts.com

SignosaurusRex

wish some would have some student prices! They're such great fonts.
Ya gotta start somewhere! You won't get the the grade your looking for if you don't set your typography apart from others, give the project real punch, and settle on free fonts (they are "free" for a reason). I'm not saying it can't be done, but, If you need a font to fit the words....well....it may require an investment. Sometimes some real top end fonts can be found at low "Special" prices at Veer, MyFonts, and a few other sites. As you probably know, you can test-drive the fonts before you buy at most sites.
Homework Time!

stephenj148

Haha, I do know this, and I'm more interested in this as a portfolio piece rather than the grade (but with a good piece comes a good grade)

I will have to take some time and decide which one I can work with. I need to start building my font library up anyway...

SignosaurusRex

Haha, I do know this, and I'm more interested in this as a portfolio piece rather than the grade (but with a good piece comes a good grade)

I will have to take some time and decide which one I can work with. I need to start building my font library up anyway...

:thumb:

SignosaurusRex

Check out EXPECTATIONS at Linotype.
If I understand your project...It may fit the bill. It's a script with a bit of "Grunge" to it. Just a thought.

stephenj148

ahh yes.. that does have a little bit of grunge to it...

(side note) this is why I love this place.. I can even get help with class projects haha