• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GOT to be better way for Trans Backlit

tooserious

Okay so when i print on Trans white vinyl for a bacjlit application I should double strike the print...and it should be on 16 pass. Okay do I use white plastic ie polycarb or clear??? has anyone ever printed on clear ..reversed print and then stuck that to clear poly and then white trans on back of that????

smdgrfx

I've done that second surface application before, but it was only for smaller POP display type signage. Stuff that was going to be possibly touched. Otherwise, I would stick with trans over sign white acrylic/polycarbonate. It will diffuse fine.

eazyED

we've reversed printed and backed with white on clear a bunch of times... looks great. but it depends on where it's going we use that for up close and if people might tuch it like smdgrfx said.. we normally print on clear and apply to trans white poly. but printing on trans white and applying to trans white works fine too i've seen that done as well as lit up. both ways are fine as long as you have enough ink down. we double hit on out flatbed and i have a blacklit mode on our roll to roll