• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient fill color selection

HighlandSigns

I have the latest version of signlab and am trying to create a gradient fill snowmobile wrap. It's a pretty straightforward job. I want to use Orange Pantone 21C and Yellow Pantone 136C, however when I select these colors for nubs, then aren't true on the screen anymore. I have a couple of squares on the screen which are the correct colors, but there's no way to replicate them in when I create the gradient. The orange becomes almost red, the yellow gets darker also. I have the colors replicated in the shop palette, the number I select matches, but the color transforms in the gradient fill.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Neil

Well, I know with SL8, the gradients all get transformed from CMYK to RGB.
To counter this, I only use RGB colours from my palette for gradients.
If you need to, mix and add a new colour in RGB, to match the CMYK colour.

Not sure if it's still relevant in whatever your latest version is.

De.signs Nanaimo

Build it in Photoshop or Corel if you can? Start with either Pantone or CMYK palette then export as a large RGB background and into Signlab, if you only have Signlab then I am not sure, not much experience with it as a colour management tool! Also use as many "steps" in your gradient as possible, Corel can go up to 999 for gradients.

De.signs Nanaimo

It depends on how you build your gradients, what program you use, how you export, and what your final conversion process is, you can use Pantone's to start with, that's what they are designed for.