• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradient from illustrator turn to solid

willkho

Hi all, I've just updated my flexi to version sp5p3.

After the update, I couldn't get the right color of the gradient from illustrator. It will turn to solid blue.
I've tried to save the file to different version of illustrator and also to PDF.
I've used this file/gradient for a few project and no problem before I updated the flexi.

I believe must be the new setting/preferences since update will reset the previous setting?

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• Flexi.jpg
    Flexi.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 247
  • illustrator.jpg
    illustrator.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

jwlllpl

In your rip settings is "Use Color Correction" in the drop down box checked? This is required if you want the artwork from another draw program to be as shown from that program in Flexi. I have noticed that during some updates it defaults to "No Color Correction".

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-15_5-10-56.png
    upload_2017-9-15_5-10-56.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 127

willkho

Thanks for the replies.

In color setting, there is no color correction....only display setting and input profile.

The reason I didn't bring it directly to production manager is because the cut option is incomplete there, for example there is no overcut in production manager.

This is also one of the mistery, the production manager display the color correctly but not the editor. Only with this version though, the privous one both showing just fine.

karst41

I never import directly to the PM. You should Always inspect the Art File and
look for glitches and just fix it on the spot and proceed acordingly.
On te FS Art Boards you can scale up big time and take a few minutes to
review. This is just good policy for any shop.

If you are an Illustrator Expert, then yeah, you are ripping to Caldera because
you are with high probability using MAC. or You are ripping with Onyx on a PC.

I use both and aint no way Jose Cuervo Gold am I not previewing the file.
Flexi is going Full Scale and I am going to burn a few minutes to carefully
inspect the file for errors. The Black Out in FS is typically a glitch in the art work Open Path
need to be closed, You aint finding that ish or fixing it in the PM
I have seen this ish torpedo a 53' trailer wrap 102 on the panel height.
3m IJ 180 cv3 with 8519 Luster..
If you cant fix it on the quick. Call the Client / Artist and they can email the fix in a jiffy.

You just saved everybodysass including your own.

Back on Point here.

Now that you are ready to lay down some ink , 3 words as already stated.
When Illustrator
USE COLOR CORRECTION. If Illustrator EPS fire two small test prints
One with CC and One with Out,,,,,,,,,If both look the same, Use CC and I note it in red too.

On a Large complex file, and everything ready to rip, Walk away give your self 10 minutes
on a different project ( Digest ). Proceed
Nothing worse than a trash can full of $100 bills, out of your pocket, now your
broke arse is drinkin a Qt of PBR when you get home.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I have found Illustrator does some massive behind the scenes crap to gradients. It will produce a mask around the object and a gradient rectangle made from a metric shit ton of smaller rectangles, all different shades. It really pisses Flexi off upon importing to design.

The simple quick "get the job done" fix is to rasterize the art in Illustrator and bring it into Flexi. Then bring the contour shape over from Illustrator as a vector and convert it to a contour cut.

Now the longer and better way for future use, IMO is to. Keep the gradients off of the artwork in Illustrator. Export the file and bring it in to Flexi. Build the gradients in Flexi and be done with it.

Flexi works more efficiently with gradients IMO. No masks and no 10,000 rectangle shades of color.
Flexi is good at handling up to a certain amount of data then it will crap out (memory ISSUES) and ultimately crash the software.