• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graduation Backdrop Help

Manning

Premium Subscriber
I'm lookin for suggestions on material and a way to install a cut out college seal approx 40" diameter. One Image is of examples and the other is the stage I'm working with.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Stage Seal.jpg
    Stage Seal.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • MDCC Stage.jpg
    MDCC Stage.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 52

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
5mm or thicker smooth pvc is easy to overlay a print on and cut into a clean circle with a jig saw or router (hand cut if you are good with a blade. If you know someone with a CNC table they can pop out the blank and you can take it from there. Mounts to hang it could be studded onto the back or counter sunk through the front before installing the graphic. PVC is pretty durable (unless it is out in the sun) so they could use it more than once.

BigNate

Foam Core, print or a flatbed, or laminate a print onto it, then use a laser of flatbed cutter to cut out the shape (or go really old-school and use an X-acto to cut it out.....)

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Yeah, I'd go with foam core too. If it comes down it's not gonna hurt anyone, it only has to last for graduation day, so it doesn't pay to over engineer it (or the cost). Just flatbed print it, or lay a print on it, It's easy to cut, don't even need to laminate it if you don't want to, easy peasy. If they want to be able to re-use it again in years to come, then go with something longer lasting like PVC or Sintra that won't get damaged as easy.