• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grainy Images

Jeezy93

I've been using the HP Latex 315 for a few months now and have recently started noticing very grainy images when printing. It hasn't happened much before so I contacted HP and they sent out new Print heads after running all the tests and everything came back good. Once I replaced my printheads however the images are just as grainy as before. Any help would be appreciated
IMG_4720.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4718.jpg
    IMG_4718.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4719.jpg
    IMG_4719.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 211

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Would help if you share your print speed/passes. lower the passes, the more grain you'll get.
Also.. im more concerned about the colour consistency over the left and right print of the same image. It's terrible. The text is cyan vs blue. The cameras are gray vs purple.

Jeezy93

I'm using Arlon 510G at 8p_CMYKCM_80.

I'm also now having trouble running the OPQ every time I try to clean it it crashes the printer on Color Calibration at 30% and gives me the error code 79:04

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Seems like normal amount of grain.

I would make sure your printhead alignment is done and done properly. On the right it seems like there is miss alignment on the colours, it doesn't have sharp edges.

That will produce more grain.

Make sure you have the newest firmware installed.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
In a roundabout way, procrastination.
Like I told the solvent sales guy when he was in my shop looking at my hp, "ya know what I did yesterday? I printed, laminated, and installed something that had to go out..."
Don't let the holy ones here fool you, the solvent guys do the same thing. Procrastination is what keeps my shop busy all of the time.

citysignshop

So I'm a guy 'thinkin' about latex...I HAVE to go HP if I want to print on 3M traffic reflective products.....but not liking all the problems that half the users are having. I hate my Roland enough to put up with SOME B.S. from HP, but not a lot.
( older and crankier now!)
How many of you out there kept your solvent machines for various reasons? I don't have the space for two huge printers...maybe I should fire up my gerber Edge again when I need tiny text...and white ink!??!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So I'm a guy 'thinkin' about latex...I HAVE to go HP if I want to print on 3M traffic reflective products.....but not liking all the problems that half the users are having. I hate my Roland enough to put up with SOME B.S. from HP, but not a lot.
( older and crankier now!)
How many of you out there kept your solvent machines for various reasons? I don't have the space for two huge printers...maybe I should fire up my gerber Edge again when I need tiny text...and white ink!??!
How tiny text do you really need?