• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

graphic kit

dortonracing

should be legal, they dont have a copyright on it. Anyone want to mess with this, what would you charge pm me or put it on here plz, Also it doesn't have to be 100% the same just close. Thank you

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Oh my... it is not "legal"

copyright basics: it has "copyright" the second it was "created/designed"

Legal really is not the point, You should be able to design your own with a similar look, maybe even better, with a bit of practice.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
so your saying if i make something and then i see someone else starts making it its not legal and they owe me?

You can sue for copyright infringement. The burden of proof is on you that you created it first. You would then need to show to what extent the infringement caused you a financial loss. If you used anyone else's creations in your creative process, such as royalty-free clip art, then you may not have much in the way of any rights.

jscarl

Phone rings yesterday morning. Man says " I'm standing behind my station wagon that i had a Saginaw Spirits Hockey logo painted on. I want their eagle taken off and my own put on in place of it. How much??.' First thing i said was i can not tuch it. The logo belongs to them. That would be asking for a law suit. His next comment would not be allowed here, so i'll just say end of conversation.

Eddie Gallivant

Its is ok to offer my services here?? I can bang out a design for ya no problem. I would make one from scratch though. this way we dont step on anybodys toes.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Its is ok to offer my services here?? I can bang out a design for ya no problem. I would make one from scratch though. this way we dont step on anybodys toes.

It's allowed because the OP did not check which merchant subscribers could do the work. It would, however, be most appropriate to contact the OP by PM instead of posting in the thread.

HeavyHitter

I would suggest working on your own design for the graphic. Most clients ask for "something like this" because they lack the vision of creating something themselves. Keep that in mind when people tell you "something like this". It is your job to help them see something better.

I know some of the guys who do artwork for the above mentioned graphic kits. I bet with a simple phone call you could find out who is producing the graphic kits and have them bang out the design you are after with the needed client name.

Dan