• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphix Unlimited Sign

GraphixUnlimited

decided to put up a big ol sign for ourselves today.

nothing fancy here but she looks nice. Matte black, and red vinyl laid on alumapanel and jigged out with the raw side of the alumapanel done up for the cross

20 some odd feet long though... fun to put up by myself hehe

cheers eh!

:Canada:

Attachments

• graphixunlimited-sign2.jpg
    graphixunlimited-sign2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 172

HulkSmash

Just in case your customer didn't know they were in Canada buying a sign from a Canadian, the CA had to be added in

AUTO-FX

we used a double sided tape designed for use on concrete. Stuff works like a hot damn but can be a messy clean up hehe
What's the brand - reason I'm asking is I'm working on a similar sign install and I was going to go with tapcons and plastic caps painted to match.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Red on black is a bad idea. Red is a dark color and lacks contrast against Black.
You may be able to read it up close with little excitement but will look like a mud puddle from a short distance.

Hang a 20ft. sign w/ double sided tape?

artsnletters

i think it looks killer with one criticism....i think the maltese cross kills it. looks like an afterthought. To me , it doesn't need it. The logo says it all. JMO.
Tim

Brands Imaging

wait a second.....

you hung a 20 ft sign, maybe 20ft in the air with double sided tape? what is the substrate? I might be smelling a law suit here....

signmeup

Just in case your customer didn't know they were in Canada buying a sign from a Canadian, the CA had to be added in
Isn't it "GrapixUnlimited.ca"? We may be just primitive ice people up here but we do have .ca, .com, .net, etc. just like our sophisticated US neighbours.
:Canada 2:

FS-Keith

wow not very bright to use double sided tape, i dont care how good you think it is. its not for use with 40+ sqft signs 20 feet up. you couldn't come up with something more clever to hide the fasteners?

Mosh

Wait until you have to take it down you are going to be replacing some siding, hope you own the building.

andy

You'd better get 3m's lawyers on the phone and ask them exactly what kind or financial backing they are prepared to give you in the event of a failure. Scrub that, save the cost of the call, I can tell you exactly how much money and effort 3m will put into helping you out..... zero.

Many moons ago we stuck a fancy stainless steel panel about the same size as the OP's sign using 3m tape. This was at ground level on a decorative wall.... we had the regional sales manager, the national technical manager both come by and look at the job. Following their advice we lined the recess in the wall with thick panels of acrylic which were countersunk and fixed with screws and plugs on 400mm centres.

With the wall lined we then spent a small fortune on 3m tape, cleaner and all the jazz recommended by the 3m bigwigs. The stainless was stuck in and left with timber outriggers pushing it onto the acrylic liner for 4 days and nights and then removed.

About 2 months after installation the weather turned quite chilly.... the sign belly flopped onto the car park leaving the acrylic liner in pristine condition.

3m ran for the hills at an impressive speed. Yes, they did provide technical assistance but no they weren't going to help because they didn't physically prep the acrylic & stainless nor did they apply the 3m tape. The fact that the prep and installation process including the timber props was EXACTLY what they told us to do was neither here nor there... 3m employed hands did not touch the prep or installation so that was that.

This kind of "we didn't prep or apply our product" get out clause is standard across the entire adhesive industry. So are disclaimers which state that heavy loads should not be suspended without additional mechanical fixings.

If you want to bet your entire farm on the willingness of an adhesive supplier to "do the right thing" then you're very brave or very stupid.

Mechanical fixings are cheap, quick to install and provide that added "belt & brace" factor.... something which helps you sleep at night.