• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec 8000 question

Happyprinter

Just got our Graphtec 8000 on line and it works great. Only having one problem with it. We are laminating Orajet 3641 with a 2 mil laminate and then trying to get it to cut labels out. Keeps tearing the material or cutting to deep or not deep enough. Do I need a different blade other than the one that came with the machine to cut this material?

Kevin-shopVOX

Just got our Graphtec 8000 on line and it works great. Only having one problem with it. We are laminating Orajet 3641 with a 2 mil laminate and then trying to get it to cut labels out. Keeps tearing the material or cutting to deep or not deep enough. Do I need a different blade other than the one that came with the machine to cut this material?

Check the speed and force settings in the condition menu and test cut.

Sashatronics

i would bigger blades for cutting throught. you need red blade holder and the blades witch matching that blade holder. they are bigger.

If the actual blade on the knife is not taller then the substrate you are trying to cut, It's going to tear because part of the material is being cut by the round end of the blade.

Happyprinter

Thanks for all your reply's. We are going to try a bigger blade and see what happens. We adjusted speed and force but still rips material.Brian

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
i would bigger blades for cutting throught. you need red blade holder and the blades witch matching that blade holder. they are bigger.

Twaddle. The standard .09mm blade is more than sufficient to cut laminated vinyl. Unless perhaps you're laminating with rolled roofing or something.

If the actual blade on the knife is not taller then the substrate you are trying to cut, It's going to tear because part of the material is being cut by the round end of the blade.

More twaddle. The cutting edge on the standard .09mm blade is up to the task of cutting 4 or 5 mill media and then some. The actual cutting edge is at least 1/16" long. 4 or 5 mil media is cut with just the tip of the blade.

You just have to have the proper blade depth and down force combination selected for whatever it is you're cutting. And, always a sharp blade. If you think a blade is dull, it probably is. Blades are consumables and you shouldn't hesitate to replace one. Replacing plotter blades is not the place to cheap out.

boxerbay

check your blade depth.
slow the cutter down .
check your cut path. if it is too tight >< i have seen it have issues.

in plotter control adjust settings then do a test cut before running your job.

I had problems with 3640G and a 3mil lam. I switched to 3MIJ35C-10 with same lam and it perf fine.