• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE-6000 Leaving Nicks

93Works

Hello, I recently bought a ce-6000-60 and it has been leaving nicks at the end of the very first object it cuts. Instead of finishing the cut it cuts into the decal about a millimeter. If I'm cutting copies it will only do it on the first copy, it will cut the rest of them fine. The cutting strip has no cuts, the blade and the blade holder are brand new. The offset is exactly where it should be and so is the blade depth. Any help is greatly appreciated!

ikarasu

Hello, I recently bought a ce-6000-60 and it has been leaving nicks at the end of the very first object it cuts. Instead of finishing the cut it cuts into the decal about a millimeter. If I'm cutting copies it will only do it on the first copy, it will cut the rest of them fine. The cutting strip has no cuts, the blade and the blade holder are brand new. The offset is exactly where it should be and so is the blade depth. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Are you sure its not the very first cut? My FC8000 does it also. Usually when it first starts the cut... I always presumed it's because the blade is rotatable, and the first time it punctures, the blades facing the wrong direction, which causes it to turn as the blade moves.

I never actually researched it... but I'm Presuming thats what happens. Could be wrong though... Also for me, it depends on the material. Stuff like 180 with overlam I notice it the most. black vinyl, DG, etc doesn't seem to affect it.

You could try adding a tiny circle to the beginning of each cut,see if that helps. Not the best solution, but it'd align the blade in the proper direction.

Again... I could be wrong, and my machine could be "damaged" also. It's just never been a problem for me, so I havent looked into it. And it only happens on really small letters for me.

93Works

Are you sure its not the very first cut? My FC8000 does it also. Usually when it first starts the cut... I always presumed it's because the blade is rotatable, and the first time it punctures, the blades facing the wrong direction, which causes it to turn as the blade moves.

I never actually researched it... but I'm Presuming thats what happens. Could be wrong though... Also for me, it depends on the material. Stuff like 180 with overlam I notice it the most. black vinyl, DG, etc doesn't seem to affect it.

You could try adding a tiny circle to the beginning of each cut,see if that helps. Not the best solution, but it'd align the blade in the proper direction.

Again... I could be wrong, and my machine could be "damaged" also. It's just never been a problem for me, so I havent looked into it. And it only happens on really small letters for me.

You are right, it's from the beginning of the cut, they end up misaligned. My cheap machine aligns the blade by itself by making a small cut on the corner of the sheet so I'm hoping it's also possible for Graphtec. The nick is very noticeable and I can't fix them all by hand which usually ends up in me tossing the first copy of whatever I'm making.

ikarasu

Well, TBH, I was just kind of thrown at the machine 4 months ago and told to learn how to use it by myself. So there may be a way... If you find out, let me know! I do know it'll knick it sometimes if the blade depth is too deep... so you can always try to lower it a bit. Thats the only thing I can think of as to why it doesn't do it for every single material for me.

You could turn on weeding in cutting master (If thats what your using) It starts with a big square around whatever your cutting, making it easier to weed long runs. That should align the blade... Not very practical if your cutting edge to edge, and don't have room for the weed line.. but it's pretty customizable in size.

click The [A|B] Icon in cutmaster... turn on show weed border, and mess with the settings. You can set it up to put a border thats only a few MM if you want... thats the best solution I have, sorry! Let me know if you come up with something better ;p

[Edit] I just noticed theres a setting in cutmaster under Advanced > tool setting > initial blade position, with 2 options. 2 MM below the first cut (To get the blade in the right direction) and the other option is outside of the cut. Maybe try that? Hmm... fun, now I'm going to go play with settings and see if I can make it work better. There goes my productivity for the rest of the day!

woolly

Yes the graphtec should be set to do this on the outskirts side for normal weeding inside for reverse weeding but the fact you can notice the nick means something is wrong with your set up of the blade posibly it's just sticking out to far
Is the normal cutting of good quality ?
I don't think I could find the nick on a sheet with my graphtec. I know it does it just can't see it

Poor blade or holder bearings other things

93Works

Well, TBH, I was just kind of thrown at the machine 4 months ago and told to learn how to use it by myself. So there may be a way... If you find out, let me know! I do know it'll knick it sometimes if the blade depth is too deep... so you can always try to lower it a bit. Thats the only thing I can think of as to why it doesn't do it for every single material for me.

You could turn on weeding in cutting master (If thats what your using) It starts with a big square around whatever your cutting, making it easier to weed long runs. That should align the blade... Not very practical if your cutting edge to edge, and don't have room for the weed line.. but it's pretty customizable in size.

click The [A|B] Icon in cutmaster... turn on show weed border, and mess with the settings. You can set it up to put a border thats only a few MM if you want... thats the best solution I have, sorry! Let me know if you come up with something better ;p

[Edit] I just noticed theres a setting in cutmaster under Advanced > tool setting > initial blade position, with 2 options. 2 MM below the first cut (To get the blade in the right direction) and the other option is outside of the cut. Maybe try that? Hmm... fun, now I'm going to go play with settings and see if I can make it work better. There goes my productivity for the rest of the day!

Yes the graphtec should be set to do this on the outskirts side for normal weeding inside for reverse weeding but the fact you can notice the nick means something is wrong with your set up of the blade posibly it's just sticking out to far
Is the normal cutting of good quality ?
I don't think I could find the nick on a sheet with my graphtec. I know it does it just can't see it

Poor blade or holder bearings other things

I found exactly what the problem was, at least for me, the Offset Force in Tool Settings was too low. It was at 4 so I set it to 8, that reduced the nick but there was still a bit left, so I raised it up to 10 and it fixed the problem. Now I'm hoping I don't have to keep changing the setting every time I cut a different material... So Ikarasu try that Offset Force setting, let me know if it works for you.