• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec ce 7000-60 help

Khristine

Hi there! Purchased a Graphtec 7000 last fall for the sole purpose of making/cutting my own stencils. Does anyone here use this machine for this purpose? The more I use it the more I think it's for vinyl only. TIA

Jburns

that machine likely will have a harder time with stencil material - what is the material name and thickness you are trying to cut?

Pixelink

I am trying to cut Graphix Duralar clear film in both .003" and .005" thickness.
Khristine
I asked this question in the Graphtec forum, but with respond here.
Again, my physical experience with this machine is non-existent (used a VP540 previously) but the specs indicate a max thickness of .63mm (.025”) which appears 5x thicker than the material you’re using, although they do specify their particular Graphtec rhinestone stencil.
In the absence of any real world input, you may want to experiment with a mix of speed, acceleration and pressure with the correct blade. I hope you get the answers you’re seeking.
Edit: finger trouble.

Last edited: