• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec CE1000-60 Interface

jbennett

I have decided to try to hook up my old Graphtec CE1000-60 that came with some other stuff I bought a few years ago. I am running windows 7 64 bit and Flexi 10. The cutter works fine using the RS232C interface; however, I want to use it with the parallel port as both of my 9 pin serials are tied up. I bought an IEEE parallel cable and am using the correct port number, but it doesnt work. I could not find a setting for changing it to parallel. Anyone have any ideas? It is not imperative that this work; however, it would be cool to have an extra small cutter. All help is greatly appreciated.

jbennett

GRAPHTEC

Yea just go to your Production Manager(on Flexi) then Set up, Change Set up, select your plotter or another CE model, then choose LPT#.

If you have a windows driver installed for it just right click on it and go to properties, ports, and change to LPT#.

jbennett

I know how to set up a cutter in Flexi. Was using the correct LTP port. I think the problem was that my cable was way long. I took an old serial cable and changed the pinout to match that of a known good cable that worked with it (that was too short for where I have cutter located). Worked like a champ. I appreciate the help though.

Thanks,
jbennett