• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Cut off by .25", Onyx 23 Cut Server

taggianto

I have a large wall graphic that I've printed using Onyx's tiling feature. I started cutting it on my Graphtec FC9000 and the first panel cut perfectly. However, when I went to start cutting the second panel, the cuts were shifted to the right by about 1/4".

70663973385__ada83922-313f-4ec8-955a-65529924e5ca_720.jpg

I checked my arm alignment on the Graphtec and it's spot on. I tried restarting the computer, restarting the graphtec, skipping the second panel and moving to the third and every time it's still off. I'm worried this may have something to do with Onyx's handling of the cut file while tiling the image.

Has anyone experienced this before? How did you solve the issue? I have two rolls of printed material I've done this way and I'm worried I'm going to have to scrap it all because Onyx doesn't know how to properly handle a cut line. I'm currently on hold with Onyx but my experience with their customer service on similar issues has boiled down to "Oh yeah, that's a known issue, nothing we can do about it."

It looks like the cut file wasn't processed correctly or there is an underlying problem in the file itself. Did you look at the file in outline view. Just asking is the stroke of the cut line at 0.1? When I first started testing Onyx I was setting the cut line to thick and the cutter would cut all over the place no wheres close to the intended position.

taggianto

It looks like the cut file wasn't processed correctly or there is an underlying problem in the file itself. Did you look at the file in outline view. Just asking is the stroke of the cut line at 0.1? When I first started testing Onyx I was setting the cut line to thick and the cutter would cut all over the place no wheres close to the intended position.
I just checked the outline view and nothing was hiding anywhere. And I've always set my stroke to 1 and never had a problem.