• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Cutting Problem

ridgewoodsignal

Hi, I'm using a Graphtec FC7000-75 with Flexisign 7.6. It's been working perfectly up until today when it started to cut extra outlines insides all of the objects on my signs. At first I thought it had to do with signs I just made but I opened some older signs and it did the same thing.

I attempted to reset the ram and update the firmware but neither brought any success.

Though I did attempt to cut out some plain text with no problem but when I cut out the other signs I had made up it cuts inlines of all the objects on the page and some extra outlines that are not actually on the sign.

Sorry if my description is a little vague but I could post a picture if necessary.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

signguy95

If you are cutting outlines or inlines from flexi, be sure to check out the backing button in your outline design box. some times this can be change to "without backing" which will make a cut line around text or objects and then another one with the width you specified. It's the little red box on the right side of your outline dialog box.

Jay

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Probably Flexi, not your plotter. The plotter is hard pressed to make any sort of cut without being told to do so.

Are there strokes applied to the objects in question? Double check all of the various settings in the cut/plot dialog. Pay special attention to stroke handling.