• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000-130

SignsRus

Plotter has been dragging the knife non stop lately.

I updated to the newest firmware (1.80) from the graphtec website, and cleared the nvram. Didn't seem to help the issue. I contacted tech support and they emailed me the newest firmware (1.90). I cleared the nvram again, and I'm still having the same issue.

The plotter will start cutting fine, then the knife won't pick up when it's finishing a cut, and it will drag across the material for the remainder of the job.

Turning the plotter off, and back on usually fixes the problem. It was only happening every once in a while, but these past 3 days it's been multiple times in the day.

Anyone out there experiencing anything similar? If so please help me out

Thanks in advance
- mark

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You might want to blow the dust and crud out of the tool carriage. Pay particular attention to the up/down mechanism. Most times a plotter that either doesn't finish a cut or cuts too far has a tool carriage that's binding because it's dirty.

SignsRus

You might want to blow the dust and crud out of the tool carriage. Pay particular attention to the up/down mechanism. Most times a plotter that either doesn't finish a cut or cuts too far has a tool carriage that's binding because it's dirty.

Will give that a try right now. Thanks for the quick reply

SignsRus

We've also been having problems where during the middle of a cut it will say LOAD MEDIA. If we cover up the rear sensor with tape it takes care of that issue.

I'm really starting to think the machine needs to be sent in for service.

I have a Case# with graphtec already. Going to call here shortly and find out about a loaner plotter, and shipping.

Graphicdetailsinc

Running FC7000mk2-130 on wireless print server

I have spent the last 5 days ont he phone between graphtec, linksys, and scanvec amiable trying to get my fc7000 to work on my wireless print server.

I have finally got everything up and running, and if anyone would like to know what model print server to get what firmware to run and what setting to rip to in production manager i will be glad to walk you through the setup and save you the MASSIVE hassle i had to go through

Thanks

Josh

Lunatic Taskbar

Graphicdetailinc, it may be worth writing down everything you had to go through as over time, things can be forgotten. (spoken from experiance)

But another thing that may be good is to add it here on signs101 as a tutorial, so if others search for it they will find it.

Anything that saves hassle is worth doing.