• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC7000 advice.

uneedasign

I have a Graphtec FC7000-130 that is only 2 weeks old. I noticed that the firmware on my plotter is version 1.2, and the latest is 1.52. My question is, should I update, or leave things alone. The plotter seems to be working just fine. Is their any advantages/disadvantages to updating?

:help:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Assuming it's a free firmware update, my opinion would be to do the update. It most likely contains bug fixes and/or additional capabilities. I doubt there would be any loss of functions. In short, no reason not to do it.

srt10x3

Fred Weiss said:
Assuming it's a free firmware update, my opinion would be to do the update. It most likely contains bug fixes and/or additional capabilities. I doubt there would be any loss of functions. In short, no reason not to do it.

If it aint broke why fix it. Lost production time to upgrade, potential for fubaring your firmware and not being able to get your machine running again.

Is the risk worth the reward?

Craig

dzign

Need latest firmware update for FC7000-130

Is there a way to see which firmware version the machine has before updating? Please provide a link for this update and any instructions to do this update.

Thanx.

Howard Keiper

If you have a computer and use USB port, then do the upgrade. It takes all of 3-5 minutes. You can get the necessary instrucyions from either your dealer or from Graphtec. It is a really simple operation...even I've done it.
HK

king_clay

graphtec sheeting

A little off topic but might be a common need. Can't figure out to run 10 of the same design and have cutter cut off sheet with design, and then repeat, until all ten are cut and sheeted with out operator intervention.
So far all we have been able to do is send a job to make 1 cut and sheet. Then operator has to send job again, cuts, sheets. Then operator has to do it again.
PS. it's a FC7000-160

Last edited: