• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8600

Jbrooks02

I was looking at buying a Graphtec FC8600 I found it local and was wondering if anyone has any reviews on Graphtec printer/plotters if so could someone help me out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have installed a few of these for our customers and I have been very impressed. They are fast, reliable and easy to use. It seems that they are focusing a lot heavier on ease of use and the workflow for print and cut is 2nd only to the Mimakis in my opinion. If you use Illustrator or Corel draw, it was basically made to run on either. Obviously we sell them but I am a tech and get nothing for putting a plug in for them. If I started a shop right now, I would go with the 8600 or a Mimaki depending on price.

Not really sure what you mean by printer/plotter. I believe Graphtec only makes printers. I know a long time ago they made color printer/plotters that were used mainly for drawing color plans. But I don't believe they make both anymore. So not sure how it compares at all to the mimaki. Since the mimaki is a printer with a plotter embedded. I would put Graphtec at the top of the plotter pyramid though. Still second to summa though. But for the price much better.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Not really sure what you mean by printer/plotter. I believe Graphtec only makes printers. I know a long time ago they made color printer/plotters that were used mainly for drawing color plans. But I don't believe they make both anymore. So not sure how it compares at all to the mimaki. Since the mimaki is a printer with a plotter embedded. I would put Graphtec at the top of the plotter pyramid though. Still second to summa though. But for the price much better.

The Mimaki stand alone cutters are comparable to the Graphtecs and tend to have the same specs as far as speed and down force go. I like the Mimaki's FineCut plug-in for illustrator which is why I mentioned it. Graphtec's new software is far better than it used to be and is more like FineCut now.

I just bought a graphtec fc8600. I have a lot to learn. I went from using my versacamm to print and cut, now I'm trying to use my versacamm to print, then laminate and go into the graphtec to not slow printing time up. I'd recommend it because I know what it COULD do. I just need to learn how to do it.

Dennis422

I have mine for about 2 years now. After some struggles, now it is running like a champ.
After I updated the firmware and reset all the parameters, and after I dialed in the heat on my HP L25500, it runs without any issues.

At the beginning, there were some issues with print/cut being off. That was taken care off with firmware. Also, the heat from the latex printer did not help either. The cheaper vinyl would distort and that would make cuts being off too.
Now, for the last year or so, flawless.

Good machine, I wish that Graphtec would get their $hit in order before they release it to the public (Old firmware versions). That would prevent issues and need to mess with it.

TheDude

I have an older FC5100 that works well. There is a setting off somewhere which slightly skews origin point on longer runs, but as soon as I have some free time I'm sure Ill get it figured out (have to dive into menus). Other than that it works great for an older machine, its already made money!