• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC8600

Graphic Worx

Graphic Worx
Got a new plotter and die cut with onyx, does anyone know how to make it cut from top to bottom and not bounce around all over the material.

Thx

I believe there is some sort of "Optimize Cutting Order" It doesn't necessarily make it go top to bottom though. It just changes the order so the cutting head travels the shortest distance to get everything cut.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Got a new plotter and die cut with onyx, does anyone know how to make it cut from top to bottom and not bounce around all over the material.

Thx

Good Luck, Onyx is horrid in the cutting arena. We let our Summa do the sorting on the machine, I dont know if graphtec has any on machine sorting functions though.

klmjff

Good Luck, Onyx is horrid in the cutting arena. We let our Summa do the sorting on the machine, I dont know if graphtec has any on machine sorting functions though.

An absolutely false statement about Onyx...

Just because you don't understand how to use it, don't put it down...

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use it every day to print and cut. The fact is that their vector sorting is horrid, if you think that it's good you have never used a good vector sorting program.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
I used this same model for about 3 years but only used Cutting Master 2 and 3, plugin straight out of Illustrator. Worked like a charm everytime.

Scyan

The FC8600 does indeed have sorting and will override what Onyx sends. It's in the tool section and called data sorting.

Can be optimized by data or by tool travel. It's completely off by default.