• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pearlljelly

Pearlljelly
I've been using my Graphtec FC9000 for a few months with zero issues, recently I have been getting a few off cuts.

Software: Onyx Thrive and Cut Server (Up to date)
Blade: CB09UB-2
Printer: Epson R5070
Crop Marks: Inward facing L's

Here is my list of problems:
-Kiss cut likes to switch spots in the holder and will ruin a decal sheet by off cutting 1/4 inch forcing me to restart job or switch the tool to the perf holder
-Cuts will start off perfect in the beginning row and rows after that get thrown off migrating upwards
-Inconsistent cuts, print and cut doesn't line up.
-Makes a slight buzzing noise near left side

This is what I've been doing to help some of these problems:
-Attached a makeshift static kit (magnets and copper speaker wire to ground it)
-Did sensor offset adjust, turns out either perfectly aligned or 1/4 in off like previous jobs
-Looking into replacing blade cutter strip and belt
-Checked for bowing in the media, very minimal to none
-Replaced blade
-Cleaned out carriage incase double cut vinyl made its way in
-Had tech come in; re-aligned belt, adjusted tension, checked printer accuracy

-Marking edge of media with sharpie to line up the job as accurate as possible, running finger over middle crop marks to make sure they are in the perf cut hole
-Looking into switching software if that is an issue, possibly Flexi?
-Making sure pinch rollers are set in right position with right tension

We haven't had much luck with a tech, it seems no one in our area has really dealt with this kind of an issue.

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Are you letting onyx define the condition settings, or are the conditions set on the graphtec? (pressure, blade position, etc)
I would set the conditions on the graphtec, and let cut server just choose which condition is kisscut and thrucut.

are you using 4 corners, or are you running intermediate marks?
ive noticed with intermediate marks, the fc9000 will skew the cuts off centre.

Pearlljelly

Pearlljelly
Are you letting onyx define the condition settings, or are the conditions set on the graphtec? (pressure, blade position, etc)
I would set the conditions on the graphtec, and let cut server just choose which condition is kisscut and thrucut.

are you using 4 corners, or are you running intermediate marks?
ive noticed with intermediate marks, the fc9000 will skew the cuts off centre.
I have been setting condition, force, etc. on the Graphtec. I just tried lowering the speed from 10 to 8 cm/s using the 4 corners and it corrected it a bit, still slightly migrating up by 1-2 mm.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I have been setting condition, force, etc. on the Graphtec. I just tried lowering the speed from 10 to 8 cm/s using the 4 corners and it corrected it a bit, still slightly migrating up by 1-2 mm.

Okay when trouble shooting. you need to tackle 1 issue at a time.

Lets worry about the KissCut and ThruCut paths 1st as you said sometimes it likes to switch spots.
Please expand on what is happening?
Is it doing a KissCut, then not stopping and doing a ThruCut ?

Are your conditions set in onyx properly?
KissCut = Condition1 (example)
ThruCut = Condition4 (example)

Are your paths named correctly?

Chichia96

I’ve had this EXACT issue! Turned out that I static shocked it one too many times by not grounding myself before I went on to touch the buttons. The solution was to replace the main board. My graphtec was under warranty so it was covered but we had to replace it ourselves which wasn’t crazy difficult. Hope this helps!

Goatshaver

I've been using my Graphtec FC9000 for a few months with zero issues, recently I have been getting a few off cuts.

Software: Onyx Thrive and Cut Server (Up to date)
Blade: CB09UB-2
Printer: Epson R5070
Crop Marks: Inward facing L's

Here is my list of problems:
-Kiss cut likes to switch spots in the holder and will ruin a decal sheet by off cutting 1/4 inch forcing me to restart job or switch the tool to the perf holder
-Cuts will start off perfect in the beginning row and rows after that get thrown off migrating upwards
-Inconsistent cuts, print and cut doesn't line up.
-Makes a slight buzzing noise near left side

This is what I've been doing to help some of these problems:
-Attached a makeshift static kit (magnets and copper speaker wire to ground it)
-Did sensor offset adjust, turns out either perfectly aligned or 1/4 in off like previous jobs
-Looking into replacing blade cutter strip and belt
-Checked for bowing in the media, very minimal to none
-Replaced blade
-Cleaned out carriage incase double cut vinyl made its way in
-Had tech come in; re-aligned belt, adjusted tension, checked printer accuracy

-Marking edge of media with sharpie to line up the job as accurate as possible, running finger over middle crop marks to make sure they are in the perf cut hole
-Looking into switching software if that is an issue, possibly Flexi?
-Making sure pinch rollers are set in right position with right tension

We haven't had much luck with a tech, it seems no one in our area has really dealt with this kind of an issue.
I've had the off cutting issue several times. It randomly appears to happen and I haven't figured out why, but it only happens to me when I read a barcode from a sheet, it has never happened when cutting a roll. Usually I just turn the machine off and on again and it will cut fine. I'm not sure if it has something to do with when it pulls the data from Onyx or not, but I'm on Thrive 19. I've not had issues as severe as that though.

Sounds very frustrating, I've had some of the same issues but I did have to revert back to Onyx 22 from 22.5 because the cuts were off on the FC9000 I use. It might be worth talking to Onyx about even though that might be their only solution they offer.

Pearlljelly

Pearlljelly
Okay when trouble shooting. you need to tackle 1 issue at a time.

Lets worry about the KissCut and ThruCut paths 1st as you said sometimes it likes to switch spots.
Please expand on what is happening?
Is it doing a KissCut, then not stopping and doing a ThruCut ?

Are your conditions set in onyx properly?
KissCut = Condition1 (example)
ThruCut = Condition4 (example)

Are your paths named correctly?
It quite literally switches spots randomly, I will set the blade in the kiss cut holder and it will be thrown off 1/4 inch up so I move the blade to the thru cut holder and its lined up perfectly.
This is what I have my conditions named on the computer, on the graphtec its standard Condition 1 and Condition 4. Does having them as different names on the pc and graphtec change anything?

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 15

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
It quite literally switches spots randomly, I will set the blade in the kiss cut holder and it will be thrown off 1/4 inch up so I move the blade to the thru cut holder and its lined up perfectly.
This is what I have my conditions named on the computer, on the graphtec its standard Condition 1 and Condition 4. Does having them as different names on the pc and graphtec change anything?
Try using different names. Like CutContour and KissCut.

Using cutcontour in both names could be causing issues.