• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec FC9000 reviews and experience

Goatshaver

I had recently bought a Summa D140 and I've been less than pleased with it. I was told I wouldn't have any problems doing die cut stickers on it but after using for a couple of months it's just been terrible for this. I've had to reprint and throw away more material than I should be, which has lead me to looking at the Graphtec FC9000.

Since this has a specific cutting channel for this type of work. I cannot afford to get a flatbed cutter which would be the best solution but not realistic right now. So my next option is the FC9000.

What are you happy with on this machine and the work you produce on it?

What do you not like?

Thanks

jimmmi

I think you can compare the FC9000 with the S2 Summa. The D series is more entry level cutter. Graphtec has the channel even previous FC8600 model, and its better for die cut because it doesn't damage the strip and blade. But you have to manually change the blade position. This means double time. First kiss cut then perf cut.

Goatshaver

I think you can compare the FC9000 with the S2 Summa. The D series is more entry level cutter. Graphtec has the channel even previous FC8600 model, and its better for die cut because it doesn't damage the strip and blade. But you have to manually change the blade position. This means double time. First kiss cut then perf cut.

Yeah I saw you have to change the position of it but it's better than me throwing away half a run because of cutting problems and having to reprint. I'm not concerned with as much speed as I am consistency in just getting jobs cut and done with the least amount of problems.
I had initially thought about the S2 T but I feel like I'd probably run into the same issues as I am with the D series just with less frequency.

BVG

We've had our FC8600 for just over a year now. Same situation as you, primary use is die-cut stickers.

Changing the blade position isn't an issue, the jobs where you'll run both a contour cut and a perf cut are few and far between. It's 99% perf cutting over the dedicated channel.

josegiron4545

We've had our FC8600 for just over a year now. Same situation as you, primary use is die-cut stickers.

Changing the blade position isn't an issue, the jobs where you'll run both a contour cut and a perf cut are few and far between. It's 99% perf cutting over the dedicated channel.
What are you settings for die cut/perfcut stickers for your Grapghtec ? Like force and cut line pattern ?

BVG

What are you settings for die cut/perfcut stickers for your Grapghtec ? Like force and cut line pattern ?
We use the regular cut line pattern for all of our work, but we'll switch to the actual perf cut pattern on larger graphics.

We run our force at about 30 using Clean Cut blades, although this is going to vary based on the media/laminate.

josegiron4545

We use the regular cut line pattern for all of our work, but we'll switch to the actual perf cut pattern on larger graphics.

We run our force at about 30 using Clean Cut blades, although this is going to vary based on the media/laminate.
When you say regular, does that mean you dont use a a cut line pattern for perf cuts ? You know the option that cuts then pics up the blade and cuts again?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
He just means normal cut line... no break/perf pattern. The labels will still hold in the sheet. We did 200 this way today... If you have it set up properly you can just shake the sheet once it comes off the printer and all the labels drop out. Easy work.

• Agree
Reactions: BVG

josegiron4545

Yes we did this yesterday and it worked thank you. One more question what’s a blade offset ? Someone mentioned to me just not sure what it is

ikarasu

I stopped doing perf cut and just do it as a regular cut awhile ago. It's twice as fast and works as good.

You can also do a kiss cut over the perf channel .. I was skeptical at first but I just ran a large job of a thousand stickers kiss cut over the channel then perf cut over the channel. You just use a diff condition / force for kiss than perf, and it'll auto do both without needing to swap the blade position. I haven't tried with really intricate cuts yet, but for normal stickers it works without skipping any of the cut.

josegiron4545

I stopped doing perf cut and just do it as a regular cut awhile ago. It's twice as fast and works as good.

You can also do a kiss cut over the perf channel .. I was skeptical at first but I just ran a large job of a thousand stickers kiss cut over the channel then perf cut over the channel. You just use a diff condition / force for kiss than perf, and it'll auto do both without needing to swap the blade position. I haven't tried with really intricate cuts yet, but for normal stickers it works without skipping any of the cut.
Awesome I’ll be doing that too then, do you know what a blade offset is ?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Blade offset is the distance from the axial centre of the blade to the tip of the blade. For many cutters this is 0.25mm.

josegiron4545

Blade offset is the distance from the axial centre of the blade to the tip of the blade. For many cutters this is 0.25mm.

okay

okay also does the graphtec read holographic material?? right now I'm doing regular glossy on flexi using just registration marks. would it be the same for holographic material? pritable

BVG

okay also does the graphtec read holographic material?? right now I'm doing regular glossy on flexi using just registration marks. would it be the same for holographic material? pritable
FC9000 will read on holographic, the 8600 won't.

josegiron4545

Yes just noticed that today, one more question when perf cuttting, do you guys put the force pressure up or stick out the blade more when you noticed it’s not cutting as good ? And same goes for thicker material ? Do you put the force up or make the blade stick out more ?

ikarasu

I make the blade go out enough that it'd cut through the sticker and paper when I do it by hand, then Adjust the pressure from there.

BVG

It's a balancing act between the two. If you extend your blade too far you'll end up with "feathering" when you cut through the liner, leaving a pretty rough finish. Depending on your customers expectations this may be an issue.