• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Flexi Cloud Perf Cut

rjssigns

I'm trying to help the campus print shop get perf cutting set up on their Graphtec FC9000.
Make a shape, select it, click on contour cut, then select the gray PerfCut swatch.
Everything is okay until I go to edit the settings in Flexi, but there are no settings to edit in Flexi.
Cut menu shows PerfCut but that's it. Click on edit and nothing. No way to control it from Flexi.
Flexi is communicating as I sent the file and it did a pounce.

I run Flexi 12.xxx Pro. When I set a flex/perf cut for my Summa I can edit pressures and lengths for the through cut and "tabs".
Way faster then poking away at the buttons on the plotter.

What am I missing? Knowing the way my brain works its gotta be something simple.

Joe House

I set up the Perf Cut settings on the plotter and save them under Condition 8 (Pick any number you want to use) and then tell Flexi to use Condition 8 for the Perf Cut and use my normal condition for whatever material I'm cutting. (You can set normal cutting parameters, but I don't know how to set up the Perf cut settings. ) Just Right Click on the "Before Job" column and select your Perf Cut condition.
1666192765416.png

Good Luck

rjssigns

I set up the Perf Cut settings on the plotter and save them under Condition 8 (Pick any number you want to use) and then tell Flexi to use Condition 8 for the Perf Cut and use my normal condition for whatever material I'm cutting. (You can set normal cutting parameters, but I don't know how to set up the Perf cut settings. ) Just Right Click on the "Before Job" column and select your Perf Cut condition.
View attachment 162137
Good Luck
Okay, I was trying to avoid going into the menu on the Graphtec to set it up. So easy with my Summa being able to adjust right from Flexi. Makes no sense that Graphtec wouldn't be the same but I'm not a software engineer. Oh well, I'll see what I can get set up.

Thanks for the help.

Joe House

It's all in the driver - or not in the driver in Graphtec's case. It's really not that difficult to do it at the plotter. It just depends on what you're used to. I was raised on Graphtec and I have to think twice when I go to teach this on a Summa plotter.

Good Luck

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
You Tube Graftec Cutters.
They show you how to do everything on these plotters and how to program the eight preset conditions for perf cut, kiss cut, straight thru cut and setting each one up for for different thicknesses of vinyl.
Once it's set then you run your cuts thru flexi.
Easy Peasy

rjssigns

You Tube Graftec Cutters.
They show you how to do everything on these plotters and how to program the eight preset conditions for perf cut, kiss cut, straight thru cut and setting each one up for for different thicknesses of vinyl.
Once it's set then you run your cuts thru flexi.
Easy Peasy
Easy when it's all you've ever known. I've been running Summa's for decades so it's a definite learning curve.
I know absolutely nothing about the Graphtec menu or it's operation save for it's orange with black lettering.:D
But like anything I do I'll get it dialed then write a detailed to the point SOP.

I've got a few how-to vids bookmarked. Will have to get me some fetchin' up with Graphtec.
I told the staff they'll need to get some 60 degree blades since every perf cut vid and forum members recommend them.

Joe House

Another tip would be to do both your kiss cut and perf cut in the same place. Either over the channel or over the cut strip. You'll get a better quality cut over the cut strip but you will have to budget replacing the strip more frequently, but doing it in the same place will keep you from having to move the blade holder between passes if you're doing both on the same job.

rjssigns

Another tip would be to do both your kiss cut and perf cut in the same place. Either over the channel or over the cut strip. You'll get a better quality cut over the cut strip but you will have to budget replacing the strip more frequently, but doing it in the same place will keep you from having to move the blade holder between passes if you're doing both on the same job.
Thanks for the tip. Hmmm...if I do that will it know where the blade is or do I have to set that up in a different "condition"?

e.g. Normal kiss cut the blade is in position 1(farthest back) and the setting is Condition 1". If I kiss and through cut over the channel wouldn't I need to adjust for the offset?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm doing what I can to assimilate the information.

Joseph44708

My graftec conditions are #4 straight thru cut
#5 Kiss cut
#6 Perf/Pounce cut.
All three cut in front blade position and in the channel.

artofacks1

I'm trying to help the campus print shop get perf cutting set up on their Graphtec FC9000.
Make a shape, select it, click on contour cut, then select the gray PerfCut swatch.
Everything is okay until I go to edit the settings in Flexi, but there are no settings to edit in Flexi.
Cut menu shows PerfCut but that's it. Click on edit and nothing. No way to control it from Flexi.
Flexi is communicating as I sent the file and it did a pounce.

I run Flexi 12.xxx Pro. When I set a flex/perf cut for my Summa I can edit pressures and lengths for the through cut and "tabs".
Way faster then poking away at the buttons on the plotter.

What am I missing? Knowing the way my brain works its gotta be something simple.
You can edit force, speed ect in Flexi for the Graphtec as well.

In Flexi choose perf cut and than click the edit button and it will bring up a window pop up where you can manipulate force, speed ect. You don’t need to do that on the graphtec. I do all my settings in Flexi.

Joseph44708

So you prefer to kiss cut in the channel? Do you get good kiss cuts that way?
Yes.
Perfect everything.
I set up the cutter with the pressures for each cut and use flexi to select just the style of cut (kiss, straight, perf)

Attachments

• 20230126_101203.jpg
    20230126_101203.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111

Jason1

I just did a almost cut through on 2 side by side 24" x 70" Laminate that needs to be installed over installed window perf. You can set it to almost cut through in 1 pass. I just poped it out of the 54" laminate sheet while it was still in the cutter. I have the fc9000

Joe House

Thanks for the tip. Hmmm...if I do that will it know where the blade is or do I have to set that up in a different "condition"?

e.g. Normal kiss cut the blade is in position 1(farthest back) and the setting is Condition 1". If I kiss and through cut over the channel wouldn't I need to adjust for the offset?
When you set up the condition on the plotter, you program which position it's in (Tool #). If you cut in different positions for kiss cut and perf cut, you can have Flexi pause between passes so you can change the knife holder position.
You can kiss cut and perf cut over both the cut strip and the channel. You just need to dial in the condition for what you're doing. I'd recommend doing both in the same position. If you're good about dialing in the blade exposure and the force you can do it in either position.