• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec Not Cutting Clean Letters!

geograph

I have a graphtec FC7000-130. Works great, but when i need to cut reflective the lettering isn't cut clean and the cut path isn't closed. Its getting to a point that its making the font look different. Please Help!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160726_095654_resized.jpg
    20160726_095654_resized.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 775

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
The offset for a blade used to cut reflective is almost always different than the one used for "regular" vinyl. Make sure you adjust your offset and that will go away.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Are you changing to a 60 degree blade for the reflective? Will work much better than the 45. Not sure if that is your issue, but it might be contributing.

geograph

The blade is a 60 degree blade, but the offset is set at 17 right now... whats recommended for 3M 680 series reflective?

shoresigns

The blade is a 60 degree blade, but the offset is set at 17 right now... whats recommended for 3M 680 series reflective?

The offset tells the machine the distance between the rotational axis of the blade and the pointy tip of the blade, which is different depending on the size and angle of the blade. The offset has nothing to do with the type of vinyl.

Check your owner's manual for your Graphtec. Our Graphtec has presets for each blade type, or you can set a custom offset. Or if you don't have an owner's manual handy, it would be almost as fast to just test the different offset presets until you find the one that works.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Yet Again..

Remove the dust cover from the tool carriage and blow out all of the dust and crud that's accumulated there. Pay special attention to the blade holder up/down mechanism. It doesn't take much contamination to alter the cut quality. Also, make sure the little ball bearings in the blade holder are sufficiently lubricated. Usually a bit of silicone grease on the tip of a toothpick does the job nicely.

From the number of complaints about dubious cutting and the number of times I've given that same advice sometimes it seems I'm the only person on the planet who knows about these things.