• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec or Summa

Shift Designs

Looking at getting a new plotter, will be a 64". Anybody with any experience with the new Summa line. Comments, Suggestion?

LittleSnakey

I have owned both, summa all the way.
I actually just helped a friend set up his new s2-160t on saturday. He didn't need the bar code cutting but bought it anyway. I was able to make it work with flexi version 8 (no barcode using the s160t in product manger) after he bought flexi 11. We have the s140d. The FC8000 graphtec would never find registration marks consistently.

Good luck in your purchase

Looking at getting a new plotter, will be a 64". Anybody with any experience with the new Summa line. Comments, Suggestion?

Dennis422

I have Graphtec FC8600-130. Do not contour cut much but I do not have any problems with registering. I thought I did when I changed printers but then I realized the issues are because of the heat from Latex printer.
I do not have complaints, if I had more money, i would have gone with Summa, but, I'm also happy with my Graphtec.

Both are good, I probably would not look at any other ones. Summa is better, but also cost quite bit more

AF

Summa is the best match for a latex printer, and any other printer too. You have to try real hard to get it to not find registration marks. Barcode all the way.