• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec Plotter Not Cutting Correctly?!?

SkyHighSigns

Hello everyone , we have a Graphtec 8600 series and we are cutting out stickers. Whenever it starts cutting out the box ( Square Sticker) cut line it starts off good then starts to cut off the line. Either just a little to far right or above the top line. Any suggestions !!?? Thank you

SkyHighSigns

PICS

Attachments

• 20181207_165645.jpg
    20181207_165645.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 287

bannertime

Also, run a test print with new marks, etc. Watch the sensor scan the marks with and without the "Paper Weight." We've seen it scan a speck of dirt or even the artwork it self.

Remove the cover and I believe that will give you access to the ARMS sensor. Someone else did it at my shop when we were having the same issues. Also maybe play with the sensing level as well. The higher the number on the X and Y the more "static" it pics up. Ours had a piece of clear vinyl on the eye that was messing it up.

CL Visual

I had an issue with print and cut decals with my graphtec 8600 for a while. Turns out it had to do with crop marks that were set in onyx in my quickset. Not sure what rip you're using but I would check some of the silly things before pursuing a hardware or sensor issue.

SkyHighSigns

I had an issue with print and cut decals with my graphtec 8600 for a while. Turns out it had to do with crop marks that were set in onyx in my quickset. Not sure what rip you're using but I would check some of the silly things before pursuing a hardware or sensor issue.
Interesting, we use Onyx rip so will look into the crop mark quickset options. Thanks

RPM

Silly thought but if it seems off always on the x-axis. you may want to make sure you have the correct tool assignment and placement as well. Tool assignment 1 or 3 and make sure tool is in the correct spot.

SkyHighSigns

Silly thought but if it seems off always on the x-axis. you may want to make sure you have the correct tool assignment and placement as well. Tool assignment 1 or 3 and make sure tool is in the correct spot.
Right now i believe we are using Assignment 8 pounce to cut all the way thru??

RPM

Sorry, my bad. looking at your picture, it doesn't look like what I was thinking. It looks like yo may need to do an ARMS sensor adjustment.

Brandon708

Also check your hold down wheels and lower wheels. They tend to get gummed up or vinyl stuck to them which may cause them to slip which may throw off the lines.

zillion29

I complained for two years about crappy print-to-cut on our 8600. Then the mainboard got static fried and I had to set it up from scratch. I highly recommend running the calibration print where you adjust the ARMS using a simple crosshair printed on a printer. Once I had it setup, it registers perfectly.