• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec plotter

Padraigr

Hi all looking for cutting software suitable for running a graphtec plotter, currently have flexi 10 but unable to hook it up to the graphtec, maybe there is a way of doing it but it’s beyond me, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

unclebun

Flexi 10 is from the days of Windows Vista, so it's unlikely they have a driver for a current model Graphtec. However we use old cutting software with a Graphtec and have found that selecting an old model of Graphtec that was supported when the software was made is working.

Vassago

Flexi10 will work fine.. Think it goes upto the 5000.. Just select that and you'll be fine.. Obviously can't use any of the bells and whistles if you've got a newer one, but it'll cut.

Padraigr

Flexi10 will work fine.. Think it goes upto the 5000.. Just select that and you'll be fine.. Obviously can't use any of the bells and whistles if you've got a newer one, but it'll cut.
Hi Can you send me instructions on how to set it up please. Thanks

Vassago

put anything on the screen, click cut - open production manager, click on add setup, vinyl cutters, select the closest model to yours and you're done.

I'm guessing you've never used Flexisign before, as these are basic things you need to know in order to use any design program.

karst41

Hi all looking for cutting software suitable for running a graphtec plotter, currently have flexi 10 but unable to hook it up to the graphtec, maybe there is a way of doing it but it’s beyond me, any suggestions greatly appreciated.
A Graphtec Plotter. Well sir I own a Ford Vehicle Could be a Fiesta or A 24' Straight truck.

Flexi 10 has drivers up to an FC8600 so this eliminates FC 9000 and CE 7000.
You are going to connect via USB if no USB then you gots an OLLLD Cutter running a 232 or Parrallel connection.

The model of your cutter is well kinda important to your question.
If you are running FS 10 the Cutting Master is a massive step in the wrong Dirrection and a Purchase of Studio Pro at $400
is an absolute Steal!

Vassago

Flexi10 will work with the newer graphtecs - just use the machine profile closest to the one you've got. Of course newer functions won't work, but it'll cut.

zillion29

Flexi 10 is from the days of Windows Vista, so it's unlikely they have a driver for a current model Graphtec. However we use old cutting software with a Graphtec and have found that selecting an old model of Graphtec that was supported when the software was made is working.
Has Graphtec updated a single model since Windows Vista? Seems like they settled on some turn of the century models and have just kept making them with no change for decades. They're like Japan's version of Gerber.:p

Vassago

They've not really changed technology over the years - still virtual serial ports and hpgl underneath.

But.. Tbh - it's a plotter with a blade - it's pretty simple technology wise - just a few bells & whistles being added over the years.

unclebun

Has Graphtec updated a single model since Windows Vista? Seems like they settled on some turn of the century models and have just kept making them with no change for decades. They're like Japan's version of Gerber.:p
Well, yes, yes they have. They have features like prefeeding and such that can be controlled from software now. Functionally, has any plotter changed since Windows 95 or even 3.1?

Forty One

Cutmaster integrates with Corel and probably AI. It is pretty easy to use.
Yes, it works with Ai.
But, try to use a later version of Ai. CutMaster 4 is known to have some issues with CC 2020 and above.
Some bugs are being worked out, but I rolled back to CC2019 and no issues at all.

You can also use Signcut Pro. Both CM & SCP both work as plugings into Ai.
I could be wrong, but I believe SCP is free. Although I'm not 100% on that.

TopFliteGraphics

Do you have the dongle? That used to be required to get Flexi10 to work with your plotter. If you don't have the dongle, you can look up a software crack to get it to communicate. Or, you can upgrade to the new subscription based Flexi and it will work straight away.