• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec reads marks, then goes back to origin?

ikarasu

Good afternoon!

I have a graphtec 8xxx series. I can cut through cut master easily with no problems. But when I print with onyx, and send the file from cut server, half of the time it'll read all the marks, then go back to origin. On occasion it'll work.. after 10-20 tries. I'm at a loss...

I don't think it's a setting in onyx, as it does eventually end up working. And I don't think it's camera error, because it reads all 4 marks with no errors, then goes back to the origin point. Cut server sits on sending data... but nothing ever happens. I have to close it, and retry. Sometimes it takes 2-3 tries.. this last time it's been 20+, and I gave up for the day.

Any ideas? Ive tried restarting the Cutter, cut server , even the PC. Nothing seems to fix it.

Jburns

A common cause of this - is not enough material on the edges behind or in front of the crop marks- the vinyl sensors are becoming exposed during the reading.

also make sure they are well within your pinch rollers.

ikarasu

A common cause of this - is not enough material on the edges behind or in front of the crop marks- the vinyl sensors are becoming exposed during the reading.

I usually leave about 6-10 inches infront, and in back, when doing print + cut. I did print this one justification left...so there is only 1-2 inches over there. (If my memory serves me correct). I'm going to print center tomorrow, see if that'll make any difference. Thanks for the tip, I was thinking it might be too close to the side too. I can't remember where it was last time I tried... Hopefully it fixes the issue. Thanks!

Jburns

Also try printing type 2 or type 1 crop marks- my FC7000 I had was funny like that. It liked Type 1 better

Dennis422

I'm cutting 4'x10' signs with 3" in the front and the back. If the cutter is FC8600, they have changed the set-up, you can get away with only an 1.5" or so. (Not that I want to make them that small, but it worked once when I made mistake and cut it short)
No need for a excessive waste of vinyl any more.

As far as the stopping, check you max cutting length in the cutter. Usually it is set to only 2m (6.5').

Craig Morse

Onyx Print/cut issue

I just ran into this same issue with a customer that is running an FC8000 and Onyx for their HP printer. They do all of their design in Illustrator so I had them add the registration marks to the design with Graphtec Cutting Master 3 on the AI file, print it than just cut it through Illustrator / CM3. Everything been working fine since.

I have encountered several software issues lately with Flexi, Onyx, and Corel; most of it point to Windows updates effecting the plug-in links. I saw the same thing when Adobe when to CS-cloud.
Craig W. Morse
Mutoh/Graphtec Tech
Signs Plus Banners

ikarasu

I just ran into this same issue with a customer that is running an FC8000 and Onyx for their HP printer. They do all of their design in Illustrator so I had them add the registration marks to the design with Graphtec Cutting Master 3 on the AI file, print it than just cut it through Illustrator / CM3. Everything been working fine since.

I have encountered several software issues lately with Flexi, Onyx, and Corel; most of it point to Windows updates effecting the plug-in links. I saw the same thing when Adobe when to CS-cloud.
Craig W. Morse
Mutoh/Graphtec Tech
Signs Plus Banners

I do think it is the onyx software and not the Cutter I noticed the hot folder was also removed - re added that back. Nothing seemed to work still... until I turned on automatically cut new files. Then when I opened the software, the Cutter immediately asked me where the marker was... I showed it and it cut it perfectly maybe it was a fluke... maybe not. Obviously automatically selecting the file isn't ideal, sometimes I have a queue of stuff to print and cut.

Ill keep playing with it my next cut... see if it keeps giving me problems or not.

I'd love to go the ai route - sadly I'm not the boss, so ts not up to me. If this keeps happening, I may suggest we try it. I'm sure it's not much more work. And I've wasted 2 hours just trying to cut one file... if it keeps up, so much wasted time!