• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Graphtec Skipping Second Row of Registration Marks

SCDesign

Has anyone encountered this? Video here:

It reads the first two marks fine, then skips past the third and fourth and reads the rest. It tries to go past the final mark (I believe it thinks there is another row remaining since one row was skipped) and then I get an error telling me to move the sensor closer to the mark. I've tried drawing in sharpie over the skipped mark to darken it, I've covered it in matte scotch tape, I've tried turning off the lights in the room - the same thing happens every time. I measured the marks' distance from one another, and they're all spot on. I tried all different sensor levels, I'm not sure what else to do. I cut a different panel of this same job, and it worked fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is here. I really want to avoid reprinting/cutting by hand, and I'd also like to be able to troubleshoot if this happens again.

I'm using an 8600 with Firmware 3.1 (I think this is the most recent?) I appreciate any advice!

ikarasu

Are you using cutting master or onyx? If it's a one time thing... Could be something weird with the print.

Put some pre mask on it and draw the line with a felt... Doesn't have to be perfect and it'll still cut accurately.

If that doesn't workm.. rotate the whole print and rotate the cut file and cut it.

I had this happen a few times.... Hand drawing the line worked.most, the other I just reversed the media.. it only reads 4 corners that way, but it still works

SCDesign

Are you using cutting master or onyx? If it's a one time thing... Could be something weird with the print.

Put some pre mask on it and draw the line with a felt... Doesn't have to be perfect and it'll still cut accurately.

If that doesn't workm.. rotate the whole print and rotate the cut file and cut it.

I had this happen a few times.... Hand drawing the line worked.most, the other I just reversed the media.. it only reads 4 corners that way, but it still works
Flipping it 180 worked on the first try! Like you said, it only reads the four corners, but it still cut accurately. All this time I had never realized this can be done with Onyx. Thank you SO MUCH! Knowing this will save a lot of headache in the future, too.