• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec support stinks

PMG

:frustrated:WHAT A BUNCH OF NO GOOD PEOPLE IN GRAPHTEC SUPPORT......this guy was a ass...he acted like i was stupid...they dont even know their own software and what its about....LOL was having issues with the cutting controller and hey cant give me a solution to my issue,trying to tell me to run it in gp-gl and not hp-gl.....says the controller wont even work in hp-gl..and i have been using it this way for 6 years....the reason i called is i installed it all on windows 7 64 and i get a error sometimes when changing the pressures in the controller saying the usb port is busy.....all my drivers are up to date and i have the latest controller installed.

CheapVehicleWrap

almost ALL tech support blows. Always has, always will. Only change in 3 decades is now your call gets forwarded to countries that do not have any experience with the equipment because they can't afford it.

TresL

They have by far the best support in the biz.

As bad as the Graphtec support can be, Summa is to the good.

CES020

I called Summa for my first time a couple of weeks ago. Holy crap, I didn't expect what I got from them. I've got a,new to me, used plotter and I've never seen or used a Summa. I just had one simple settings question. 35 minutes later, the guy was still talking to me. I wanted to replace the belt because it's old and seemed dried out. He told me in all his years, he's never seen that belt need to be replaced like I was doing, and recommended that I leave it be. Then he told me the things to look for, what the signs, symptoms, and fixes would be if I started seeing them.

Probably the best tech support call I've ever had. I know where my next plotter will come from.

GRAPHTEC

wow..no good people uhhh.

Tech support was right! the controller does not work in HPGL language mode
but it does have the ability to change your plotters command automatically to GPGL for what ever you need to do w/ it, so when you plotter reads port is busy is because the usb controllers are still working on switching your command language to and back.. make sure you have Win64 up to date
especially your USB controllers because it seems like they are taking quite a bit of time to process info/or the bidirectional communication... fyi..

btw.. our tech support office is in the same building as Graphtec America
in Irvine California not over seas. As you know we don't charge for tech support unlike other manufacturers so a lot of times our phone lines get tied up w/ question that don't apply to Graphtec plotter like 3rd party software of something like that. We have just hired a new technician to assist us, we apologize for being rude- if you can tell me when you called in it can help us correct this issue asap.

Beyond 1

I agree.... I have a GRaphtec for over 5 years now and it never worked correct to begin with. The SENSOR SUCKS.... They say that you have to redraw the lines in a blk sharpie when you put a lam on!!! what a bunch of #*#*!!!! you know how long that would take.