• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Graphtec tech support is horrible and cutting master 4 is a joke

Pat Whatley

Graphtec used to have decent tech support. Nowhere near the stellar quality that Summa provides but it was adequate. Seriously, how many times do you really need support on a plotter?

My problem is that I've called Graphtec three times now, left a message for tech support, contacted them via facebook and NOTHING. No call backs, no emails, nothing for three weeks.

Since upgrading the computer and having to go to Cutting Master 4 we have had constant problems to the point I now save my files, send them to another computer, so I can cut using the old Cutting Master 3 program it's still running.

Does anyone have a way to actually talk to someone at Graphtec or have they just shut down their tech support completely?

woolly

start pestering the sales team they will always answer the phone

sorry can't answer the problem apart from administrator settings how it was loaded etc. presuming its suitable to your software and operating system

Danr2c2

Yeah, I refuse to use it. I purposely keep my Illustrator on an old version just so I can get my registration lines in and cut using cut master 3. It's almost like they took the free FlexiRIP software and reused the interface for cut master 4. I hate it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Yeah, I refuse to use it. I purposely keep my Illustrator on an old version just so I can get my registration lines in and cut using cut master 3. It's almost like they took the free FlexiRIP software and reused the interface for cut master 4. I hate it.
It looks like Graphtec did farm out CM4 to the SAi Flexi guys.
The license for it shows up in my SAi Cloud account.
I gave it a few tries and it was throwing up enough errors for me to also go back to the CM3 for cutting.

wayne k
guam usa

Pat Whatley

The thing is I loved the FlexiSign Production Manager interface. It was so much easier to use than Cutting Master but we went fully into Illustrator so I had to make the change. I was excited when we first loaded CM4 thinking it was going to be a great addition but all it's been is a royal pain in the ass. And I'm okay with there being a few bugs here and there, I'm sure they'll be worked out, but the complete lack of support from Graphtec is ridiculous.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Pat you might try hanging out in the SAi support section of their web page.
Seeing as Cutting Master 4 is a SAi product.
Just a few days ago I lost the connection between my PC and my Mutoh.
I was on there looking through their FAQ for some info and the live chat guy popped up offering assistance.
He ended up spending about 2 hours trying to get me going. Took over my end using Teamviewer and had stuff flying all over the place. Seemed to know a good deal more about windows networking than I ever will. We didn't find problem but he then helped migrate Fexisign off the pc onto a laptop with all my devices, jobs & presets so I could run the printer.
Have to give them an A for effort on a product that I did not pay for directly( came with the printer).
You may be able to get some help with CM4 from them.
Can't hurt to try with no one over at Graphtec picking up.

wayne k
guam usa

With the printer and network not an issue I went to my tried & true non-tech solution of taking the pc apart, blowing out the dust - re-seating all the connectors & memory chips and finally cleaning the connector ports and cable ends with alcohol..... It started working again.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
You are a victim of 21st century tech support policies. Many corporations have terminated voice technical support and will only help you by way of "chat" or messages. It is a sign of the times. It takes patience now. At least with the new system you get hard copies of your communications.

I tried to order a new battery from HP for my laptop. Again, no live voice talj with the salesperson. I had to "chat".....

Asuma01

Its because they are all Indians and you cant understand them on the phone anyways. They know English but the accent is to thick to understand. Dont have to worry about that in chat.

PodiumG

I bought a brand new Graphtec plotter a few years ago. It could not find the crop marks from my Roland printers. Tech support was horrible. I was told they have one tech support guy for North America. I could barely understand him. He was asking me stupid questions like do I have material in the machine. The tech support from the dealer came out a few times and basically said Oh, I guess that's as good as it gets?! That whole fiasco cost me a couple of months, tons of reprints and thousands of dollars. I yard saled the 2 Roland printers and that POS Graphtec Cutter. I bought a Roland XC540 Pro III and have been printing and cutting away seamlessly ever since. I will never buy another Graphtec. I've had 5 Roland machines now with very few issues and great tech support when needed. I also started with a Summa D60 cutter 20 years ago and that machine was flawless. I never even had to replace the cutter wear strip in 10+ years of use.

phototec

Graphtec used to have decent tech support. Nowhere near the stellar quality that Summa provides but it was adequate. Seriously, how many times do you really need support on a plotter?

My problem is that I've called Graphtec three times now, left a message for tech support, contacted them via facebook and NOTHING. No call backs, no emails, nothing for three weeks.

Since upgrading the computer and having to go to Cutting Master 4 we have had constant problems to the point I now save my files, send them to another computer, so I can cut using the old Cutting Master 3 program it's still running.

Does anyone have a way to actually talk to someone at Graphtec or have they just shut down their tech support completely?
HI Pat, I don't have an answer for you, but I have a question for you about using Cutting Master 3.

I got a new Graphitec CE6000 cutter to replace my 18-year-old CE3000 and the new cutter will not work with the old Cutting Master 2 so installed Cutting Master 3.My question is when I send a job to the cutter that is 4 columns wide and 3 rows high, it only cuts the first row and then stops and say "PAUSED", and I have to manually select CONTINUE for it to continue cutting, but then it pauses again after cutting the second row.

Do you know how to turn off the pause so it will cut all 12 decals without stopping?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• PAUSES AFTER CUTTING ONE ROW.jpg
    PAUSES AFTER CUTTING ONE ROW.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 492