• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gravograph IS 8000

Morning all new to the forum welcome all help!

I have purchased a Gravograph IS 8000 great machine was working great BUT now when using as router cutting 1/2" acrylic dimensional letters on three passes each time it gets to 3rd pass it tries to cut to deep yet all parameters are right broke 3 bits already don't understand ????

rossmosh

I have an IS6000 and I've never considered it a "router" due to the spindle being so weak. Mine is all of 90W and I believe their highest power spindle is 200w. Your average CNC router has something like a 2-5kw spindle. My guess is you need to make 6 or more passes instead of 3 to pull this job off. Also keep the kerf clean so you don't get rewelding or burn up the bit too badly.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I think it's a good engraver, but- as rossmosh pointed out- they aren't really considered routers, and you're going to need to make a lot more passes to cut. In my experience with engraving tables (including a Gravograph), you need two passes to cut 1/8" acrylic, so...

I have an IS6000 and I've never considered it a "router" due to the spindle being so weak. Mine is all of 90W and I believe their highest power spindle is 200w. Your average CNC router has something like a 2-5kw spindle. My guess is you need to make 6 or more passes instead of 3 to pull this job off. Also keep the kerf clean so you don't get rewelding or burn up the bit too badly.

Morn ing Guys its actually a great router it has an upgrade router jig designed and supplied by Gravograph 2.5KW we have been cutting with it for sometime everything up to 2" just this problem new to us and we don't understand you should defog consider the router attachment its great

Morn ing Guys its actually a great router it has an upgrade router jig designed and supplied by Gravograph 2.5KW we have been cutting with it for sometime everything up to 2" just this problem new to us and we don't understand you should defog consider the router attachment its great