• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

grays are pinkish

dakotasignwerks

Have a small issue...When I print gray tones, they print pinkish in color if using color correction; however, I can turn off correction and they print beautifully. The problem I have is all the other colors look great with color correction turned on and look muddy with it off. I tried several profiles with same results. Is there a happy medium that I am missing when both grays and full color are printed together? HP 335, factory inks, using 3M material. Using CorelDraw and Flexi as RIP

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The happy medium is making your own profiles which would definitely fix your issue. A quick fix would be to go into your RIP and find the color replacement tool. It's not called the same in every RIP but it essentially lets you select a color using the eyedropper tool and then input your own values which overrides the profile correction. In your case, you would select the gray and then input the CMYK value you want it to be which I assume is some percentage of black. Unfortunately this doesn't help with any grays that are part of a gradient or have effects added to them but should work for solid grays. A good way to get the gray you want is to just make a file with a bunch of squares and then replace the color in the RIP with different values and print it. Then pick the one that looks best and run with it.

dakotasignwerks

Thank you Solventinkjet. after reading your reply, I discovered a spot I can see and change the colors back to original inside Production Manager. For those that may have this or similar issues, I will put what I found to work for me. I will preface it with "I am no pro at this Flexi and Production Manager thing"

1st- In PM I found tab "Object Color Control" (far right tab after double clicking job).
2nd- use eye dropper (automatically comes up when hovering over image) and select color to change.
3rd- double click in box where values come up, and change settings to your desired values.
4th- click OK

I found my red red again and now I may be able to fix a few oddball colors I've been having troubles with. WHOO HOO!!!!