• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Grey color printing brown

I have a Mimaki CJV 150-130 using SS21 with Rasterlink Pro 6. I cannot get my grey colors to print grey -- they come out brown. I had a 4 foot by 8 foot sign to make off a pdf, imported into Corel Draw X8. Everything looked good. When I went to output it, I could see the decal go darker and that's how it printed. Sent the file to another sign company close by and they used a Roland printer and it worked perfectly.
This is the only issue I have with this printer -- the greys just won't do grey!
I have seen other similar posts but and tried some recommendations but just not working

Attachments

• Printign issue brown to grey.jpg
    Printign issue brown to grey.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 627

bannertime

It's likely got some yellow and magenta in the CMYK mix that the profile is exaggerating. Also looks as if the transparent white overlay is not rendering properly. Saving as a tiff might be a quick fix for the last issue.

John Testa

I have the same exact machine with the same exact problem. I've tried many "quick fixes" but with no permanent solution in sight. Have you figured it out?

I have the same exact machine with the same exact problem. I've tried many "quick fixes" but with no permanent solution in sight. Have you figured it out?
I had to change the printer profile in the Rasterlink program to
CJV1504CSS21_Ave-2000_F107361.cc

This solved the problem immediately -- if you go online to Mimaki color profile (can't remember exactly -- but google it -- it lets you download more profiles -- pick the one with the correct ink/printer SS21 CJV150 for me. If you have trouble with this contact the supplier who sold you the machine and they should also show you how to do it -- I can't remember exactly how I did it but it worked and I am sure this was the way to do it

PJC0488

I had to change the printer profile in the Rasterlink program to
CJV1504CSS21_Ave-2000_F107361.cc

This solved the problem immediately -- if you go online to Mimaki color profile (can't remember exactly -- but google it -- it lets you download more profiles -- pick the one with the correct ink/printer SS21 CJV150 for me. If you have trouble with this contact the supplier who sold you the machine and they should also show you how to do it -- I can't remember exactly how I did it but it worked and I am sure this was the way to do it
Hi, could you point a link to CJV1504CSS21_Ave-2000_F107361.cc as I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks,
Paul