• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS15plus problem

Sander_Sander

James Burke i have slowed down these settings too just to check, but did not change the result. I have been running the same settings for 21 years. I have never used this machine on a usb adapter. I once did with my large cutter and that one also had to slow down the settings, or else it would give problems. I have 2 hard com ports now so luckily do not need the usb adapter.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I am pretty sure that the motors in our HS15s are not stepper motors, that they are only in the GS series of plotters. I used to work at a 3D printing company and stepper motors failed all the time. The only good thing is that stepper motors are cheaper.

Clean the crap out of those gears, send the job on slow mode and since you kinda know when it will fail, watch them closely (with the cover off) during that timeframe. Should be able to find the culprit.

Sander_Sander

I made a video of what happens, when it occurs there is also a sound like the motor jams. It happens at the last circle that it cuts before it goes back to the first one. I tried the slow setting also but then nothing happened and all were cut fine. This is at speed 100 %. I have cut the circles several times on the same vinyl so that is why you can see several circles cut through each other.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Too bad you're not stateside (US). I have several stepper motors for this unit just laying around. It's painfully obvious that they do get louder with age.

JB

FunkotronXL

@Funkotron: it suddenly changes direction and instead of cutting a round shape it makes a line in the length of the machine (guess that is X axis, the way the roll goes through the machine.
The problem does not always occur, sometimes it does and sometimes not. I used it today to cut out some other things (some small stickers, with all kind of shapes), and this went perfect. I also have made a sticker that is like 50x65 mm, and has around 330 rectangle shaped holes in it with tiny rounded edges, cut 3 of those above each other and all went perfect. In total that was 1100 somewhat objects to cut.
Same behavior as my experience years ago. It'll only reproduce that Y-axis noise when the plot is primarily circle or oval cuts. Other suggestions of the stepper motor at fault may be a good path. I saw mention you aren't stateside, unfortunate as I know Jim, at the plotter doctor, usually has those motors available.