• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Black Ink Flow Issues

Brian Peters

We recently bought a used Epson GS6000 as is and are having issues with the Black Ink Flowing. The Black Tube had a filter on it and it was clogged, so I replaced it and the lines connected to it. I still have no Ink flow and have read that the Damper for the Black Ink could be the cause. I have already spent $450 on a Service Call from the Epson Recommended Service and they were useless. Any help or a reputable service and parts supplier would be greatly appreciated.

morty87

We recently bought a used Epson GS6000 as is and are having issues with the Black Ink Flowing. The Black Tube had a filter on it and it was clogged, so I replaced it and the lines connected to it. I still have no Ink flow and have read that the Damper for the Black Ink could be the cause. I have already spent $450 on a Service Call from the Epson Recommended Service and they were useless. Any help or a reputable service and parts supplier would be greatly appreciated.
My epson gs6000 crapped out a month ago an is just sitting there waiting to go to the recyclers. The print heads are shot, but everything else is likely ok, ie the dampers. If you want them let me know. I already took the take up real an motor to recycling but anything else i still have.

Pitzu

If you want to check the ink flow and the damper, you could detach it from the printhead and with a syringe pull slowly some ink through the damper.
If nothing comes out, remove the damper and pull some ink directly from the tube. If this time you have ink flow, the damper is the problem.
This is the easiest part.

Clogged filter could mean dried ink in the system. If that's the case, you have work to do.
You might have to change some parts on the way...
1. The cartridge holder should have a needle - check if it's not clogged.
2. Clogged tubings from cartridge holder to the two-way valve
3. The two-way valve might be clogged
4. The sub tank bag might be full of dried ink
5. Clogged tubings from sub tank to damper
6. Clogged damper
7. Clogged printhead

Brian Peters

My epson gs6000 crapped out a month ago an is just sitting there waiting to go to the recyclers. The print heads are shot, but everything else is likely ok, ie the dampers. If you want them let me know. I already took the take up real an motor to recycling but anything else i still have.
If you want to check the ink flow and the damper, you could detach it from the printhead and with a syringe pull slowly some ink through the damper.
If nothing comes out, remove the damper and pull some ink directly from the tube. If this time you have ink flow, the damper is the problem.
This is the easiest part.

Clogged filter could mean dried ink in the system. If that's the case, you have work to do.
You might have to change some parts on the way...
1. The cartridge holder should have a needle - check if it's not clogged.
2. Clogged tubings from cartridge holder to the two-way valve
3. The two-way valve might be clogged
4. The sub tank bag might be full of dried ink
5. Clogged tubings from sub tank to damper
6. Clogged damper
7. Clogged printhead

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I replaced the Filter and the Tubes that were clogged and checked all of the Valves for flow as well. I was told that if the Damper is bad the Ink will not draw out of the Bag. The Bags are all good and flowing. I ordered 4 New Dampers and I am going to clean that Print head as well. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

Brian Peters

Thanks for the response and offer. I wished I would have posted prior to you disposing of the take up reel, ours doesn't have one. Where are you located? Do you have any extra Ink or Maintenance Items? I found dampers for $22 each so I ordered them.

Pitzu

You should also check the tubings and ink pumps from the maintenance assembly... all the way to the waste tank... including flushing box.

Last edited:

morty87

Thanks for the response and offer. I wished I would have posted prior to you disposing of the take up reel, ours doesn't have one. Where are you located? Do you have any extra Ink or Maintenance Items? I found dampers for $22 each so I ordered them.
Im in vancouver canada, an all the cartridges have some ink in them, they are all expired but they were all working well when i was using them

Brian Peters

We have discovered that the Ink Tubes going into the Dampers are possibly in the wrong locations. Does anyone have a diagram or photo of their correct positions for each Color & Tube ? I have the Manual but it does not show them. i am working on the Left Side Print Head.

morty87

We have discovered that the Ink Tubes going into the Dampers are possibly in the wrong locations. Does anyone have a diagram or photo of their correct positions for each Color & Tube ? I have the Manual but it does not show them. i am working on the Left Side Print Head.

Attachments

• 20180529_154428.jpg
    20180529_154428.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 353
  • 20180529_154430.jpg
    20180529_154430.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 400

Brian Peters

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I replaced the Filter and the Tubes that were clogged and checked all of the Valves for flow as well. I was told that if the Damper is bad the Ink will not draw out of the Bag. The Bags are all good and flowing. I ordered 4 New Dampers and I am going to clean that Print head as well. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!
I got everything back together and now the Printer won't Power Up. We hear a click like a relay but no lights on the control panel or anything else. I did not disconnect any electrical except for at the Print Head and those were put back correctly. Help!