• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 Green not printing?

Sashatronics

Today sent job to print, most greens, and suddenly it stopped printing. There is 50% of green ink left, after i try maintance cleaning, and test print, all other colors show up fine in test, but not a line on both heads for green color. What could be wrong with it?

boxerbay

did it go out gradually or suddenly from one job to the next? if the latter then it could be a bad data ribbon that goes to the head. i believe there are two ribbons one for each head. if you swap them you can confirm if it is the ribbon as the color drop will move to another color.

We had this happen to our GS6000. The tech after swapping out almost every part found out it was a bad ribbon cable.

jmcnicoll

Had this problem a few years ago when they had problems with the green ink. The ink itself was the problem back then, but I thought they got passed that issue a while ago.

C

ColoPrinthead

The only times I had dropout issues with green on the 6000s I used to run it was a result of the green not being used often. I started running gutters and the problem went away.

boxerbay

actually it was more of a RIP issue than an ink issue. The RIPs were not properly configured to use the green channel. Colorburst sent an update and that fixed the issue.

jmcnicoll

When I had my issues we never used the colorburst rip. We used an efi rip, had the green heads replaced and the tech told me it was a green ink issue. This was about 5 years ago.

Sashatronics

Here how it went out, i start printing some green labels, its started ok but only about 10 passes green gradually went out. I am small home studio printer, so i really can't afford for those tech guys to show up and wonder about this situation, so i trying find a fix..Its always easier to just swam new heads etc.
Prior to that i did run greens on and off/ did cycle cleanings etc..

Just weird((

boxerbay

problem was the RIPs were not configured to use the green inks properly so the ink dried and caused head failures. most of the RIPS back then were just cmyklclm.
a rip update was sent out to correct it. both colorburst and onyx had updates to correct this. EFI? not sure.

sasha - if it started printing green then suddenly completely dropped out it is probably a data issue. could be your data ribbon going to that head. it happened to us.
heads usually gradually go out. you will see banding lines in the print then eventually it will go out.

what rip are you running?