• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GS6000 weaving problem

Beyond 1

I have similar problems with my Epson... It seems it's only in certain dark colors. Dark purples and blues seem to get it the most. When it happens to a certain file, first I try to resave the file in different formats to see if that helps ( eps, PDF, jpeg and tiff) I also try different media from oracal 3640, 13 oz banner, solvent photo paper to 3m control tac. And when it happens it happens to all the media. The funny thing in some areas it prints fine, and some of the dark areas it print with a wave pattern. I tried different heat settings, cleaning the crap out of the machine, not using the take up wheel, humidifier and dehumidifier, distance adjust (oh by the way when this first happened I called Epson tech support and they told me what does distance adjust mean... Get support guys) even tried uni-directional at a higher wave length and lower wave length ... Nothing works. Its been almost a year and after calling and calling tech support with epson (know they tell me my support has run out, never fixing the ongoing issue)

Now when I get that certain color you know what I do? Print that son of a ***** on my value jet... That's what I do!!!!

noregrets

I am going through the same problem with my GS at the moment. Had the tech here for a full day doing all sorts of tests, and he found nothing wrong whatsover with the machine, and interestingly he managed to print fine from his RIP.

I am running a trial of a different RIP at the moment and the problem has gone away....but still remains with ONYX.

Are you all using ONYX by any chance?

dlndesign

Just got off the phone with my tech, I'm not the only one having this "issue", we even tried is with ColorBurst, the recommend rip. Same issue still occurs.

NoRegrets - What Rip are you using?

This is only happening in the rich black areas.

noregrets

I am just about to purchase Caldera - but yes, at the moment I am using ONYX and it is only with ONYX that the problem occurs, colourgate and caldera are fine.....

dlndesign

I did a test, full black across the width, the issue begins roughly 2' from the right and gets worse as you go left.

Ran the same test on both Epson's, and one has it on the right, and one on the left.

Called Epson, they said it could be over saturation of ink.

Talked to my Tech, is says its mechanical.

He's coming by tomorrow to check, we shall see....

Oh and it happened in both ONYX and Colorburst.

h82loose

Lift the pinch rollers. Try turning them all by hand. See if any of the are difficult. I have seen them get swollen or shifted to one side and bind up. Do you have the tension locks engaged on the media cores? This helps the media to stay taught and even.

RealRay

Having the Same issue on 2 GS6000

I have 2 GS6000 set at the right humidity they are both cleaned and level. On one of them the print quality is normally fine and the other it seems to have this problem all the time. I use colorburst on both and have different environments set up for materials and colors and this issue seems to happen on anything. Not sure if anyone has found a fix to this problem if so great or any advise to what I could do.

handbrake

Anyone has a solution to this? My machine does the same thing but the one thing that stands out is the fact that when I print a 10m sign it's always out by 100mm (longer)
Did a feed test over 500mm and it's out by 5mm. Won't let me calibrate. It asks to put in the value measured and enter but always defaults back to what it was. A year ago it was out only by 1mm and now it's 5mm.

Will go and check the encoder wheel with a magnifying glass.

I'd say this has a lot to do with the banding.

Cheers

Dan