• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Guide to Choosing a Roland Device

victor bogdanov

As far as cutters, I've had Roland, Summa T series and Graphtec 8600 and 9000. Graphtec is my favorite and running 6 Graphtec now for stencil and cut vinyl.

Philw

Does anyone have an opinion on Mimaki?
I got my 1st Roland SP-300V about 17 years ago and it still runs day and night along with another 2 beside it as well as a couple of Roland VS-300i's. I purchased a Mimaki UCJV300-75 about 2 years ago and had it set up with CMYK, dual white and dual clear LUS-170 inks. It's nearly brought my business to it's knees a couple of times but we're finally getting some good work out of it. Hands down the Rolands have better rip and better engineering, I describe the difference to people as the Roland being more 'elegant' and refined. That said if polish, utter reliability and ease of use aren't top of the list the Mimaki can be made to produce some great prints but my experience has been you'd better be prepared to roll up your sleeves and prepare for some grief occasionally.