• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GX-24 Problem ?

Hoppy

I recently purchased a used Roland GX-24 and have a problem with it not recognizing the vinyl in the machine. I’m using 15” Avery roll vinyl and have it covering both the front and rear sensing eyes. When I turn it on the fan runs, the blade holder pops up about 1/8”and the cutting head moves about ¼” to the right then back ¼” and the display reads “Select Sheet” then I hit enter for the roll option. Next the display reads “Sheet Unloaded”And that’s all I can do. I did try covering the sensing eyes with tape and got the same result. I also tried positioning the roll in different locations from left to right and I always make sure the rollers are on the white part of the bar.
Any help you folks can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hoppy

Air Art Girl

Make sure the pinch rollers are in the proper area and the sheet is clamped down. I usually have the vinyl pulled forward well past the eye.

Hoppy

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for your reply. I tried pulling more vinyl out but still have the same problem.
I will attach some photos.

Thank you

Hoppy

Attachments

• IMG_3139.JPG
    IMG_3139.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3140.JPG
    IMG_3140.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 218

weaselboogie

You need to go to

MENU>Calibration>media sensor> Enable/Disable

No, just kidding. It's broke.

Contact your roland dealer. He'll probably tell you that you have a bad sensor.

Hoppy

Hi,
Thanks to all for your help. I took part of the machine apart, re-set some connections, and it now works fine!! Something may have come loose in shipping.
Thanks again,
Hoppy