• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gx24 offset issue

B-Man

I have been having some issues with letters and numbers not fully cutting... for some reason I found out my offset was at 0.100mm. Where 0.250mm is standard for the 45° blade.
I'm doing some very fine small numbers for myself to label bottles so used the 60° blade and set the offset to 0.400mm also tried 0.425mm and 0.450mm
On the 0.400mm the cutter starts too far to the left and on 0.425mm it starts too far to the right so even though it now looks like it touches the start and finish they don't align 100% so there's this tiny tag holding them.
Is there some other setting that can help?
Its making weeding them more difficult than it should be.

Attached is the exaggerated version of alignment on the inside of the 0

Attachments

• 20220910_215036.jpg
    20220910_215036.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 228

B-Man

thanks will give it a shot next time I do something small like i have....
from first google it looked like there wasn't an overcut feature on the gx24 but have now seen some documentation that there is an option of on or off.
Cheers,

B-Man

went to set it up and I don't have the option listed...

1. Make sure that the material is load to the machine
2. Press MENU several times to display the screen shown in the figure
3. Press Down Arrow several times to display OTHERS on the screen
4. Press Right Arrow to show OVER CUT OFF
5. Press Right Arrow
6. Press Down Arrow to select Over Cut On and press enter to save

Note: This setting remains enabled until you manually disable this function

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need to use the offset setting that is listed on the blade packaging. Roland has 60 degree blades that have an offset as low as 0.1mm and as high as 1mm.