• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Half Cut Mode on Mimaki CG-160 FXII

adheris

Hi all! After reading some of the posts here, others and internet and Mimaki manuals, we are not be able to do a clean die cut to our polimeric vinyl sheet. The blade leaves the sheet shattered in the borders of the stickers and the cut is not clean as If you do it with a cutter knife for example. The plotter blade goes through the vynil, goes through the paper too but in a rough way.

Half Cut mode is ON and settings tested are the same as manual recommends and the cut is not perfect.

¿Has anyone had the same problems or now how to setup the parameters correctly please?

I attach the manuals I found and other posts in order to have everything on this post once we find a solution (if possible :covereyes:)

Thank you so much in advance mates!

View attachment CG-FX Contour Cutting - How-to Guide - 5-12-05.pdf

Clem

i hope this works

Hey man,

I had a similar issue when i was still using a Mimaki printer & plotter combo;
i found that it was to do with how much blade i had showing.
I found that i had the blade too far out, i had wound it out further than normal as i was pounce cutting through some thick media and didn't think that upping the pressure was enough. after a frustrating hour and with nothing else left to try i thought i'd wind it back in and see what happened. It cut so cleanly and after a little tinkering with the cut pressure it was cutting perfectly.

I hope that helped some