• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Half of my Cyan isn't working - Roland LEJ-640

r2d3henry

Hi all,

My tech is on vacation and I'm trying to get my Cyan to print properly. Just replaced all cap tops and dampers on the unit. It had been printing well for the last week and then yesterday decided blue would work only on half the print head. I did a deep soak yesterday and checked the dampers and cleaned the ZIF cables today and I still have the same problem. Also my magenta has been having some issues as well but that started being noticeable last week
t
IMG_2004.PNG
IMG_1996.jpg
. Attached are pics of the print heads and then the test print. Thanks

Joe House

When it's half of a head it's usually an air leak at the damper or the manifold. UV inks make the manifolds quite brittle. Check to make sure the old damper didn't leave an o-ring on the manifold. Also, it could be the O-ring at the top of the damper where the ink line comes in. Did you replace that when you put the new dampers in? I usually trim about 1/8" off of the tube so that the o-ring seats on the tube where it is full diameter. Where the old o-ring was the tube is probably smaller in diameter.
Hopefully this helps.

Good Luck

cornholio

Hi
Your printhead has a electrical defect and needs replacement.
I had this problem on multiple LEJ's lately.

r2d3henry

When it's half of a head it's usually an air leak at the damper or the manifold. UV inks make the manifolds quite brittle. Check to make sure the old damper didn't leave an o-ring on the manifold. Also, it could be the O-ring at the top of the damper where the ink line comes in. Did you replace that when you put the new dampers in? I usually trim about 1/8" off of the tube so that the o-ring seats on the tube where it is full diameter. Where the old o-ring was the tube is probably smaller in diameter.
Hopefully this helps.

Good Luck
I'll give that a try. I suspect the manifold is the problem too. Thanks