• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Halo-Lit Letter Faces?

2B

ok these are 'front lit' letters

no one will be stocking an O in that exact size or design

you gotta make a new one.

simple as that.

no, these are back lit channels that appear to be halo lit at night due to the spacing between the trimcap and the vinyl.

the vid Gino posted is exactly what these are

Moze

Precision Sign Services
no, these are back lit channels that appear to be halo lit at night due to the spacing between the trimcap and the vinyl.

The letters you posted are not "back lit" or "halo lit" channel letters.

In the electrical sign industry, "back lit" means the light is coming out the back of the letter. These are also called "halo lit" or "reverse lit" or "reverse channel letters".

The letters you posted are standard "face lit" channel letters.

The spacing between the vinyl and the trimcap doesn't make these "halo lit" channel letters.

J Hill Designs

Ohhh....you misunderstood.....the mechanical clearance of 3/4" Plasco is the same as 1" jewelite....so if the intent to use 1" jewelite is for more surface area you can do the same with 3/4" Plasco. At the same time you will spend less and it is easier to work with on small letters....

attachment.php

I stand corrected. thank you for the visual.

J Hill Designs

the image I posted is a halo let letter set. the light comes out of the back, and reflects off of the wall, creating a halo.

What gino posted is just a channel letter without full coverage of translucent vinyl.