• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Handtop Fluid Color printer issues

knabbie

Morning we have been having issues with our R98H UV printer, Richo Gen 5 heads, single row plus white, had new new since Jan 2020. The cyan will drop out in the center of the printhead. We have been adjusting negative pressure up and down but no change. Flushed the printhead out, works for a bit then starts dropping again. We replaced the ink line and filters worked for a few day then back to the same issue. Not sure if it could be a bad print head or some type of electrical issue. I was checking to see if anyone else has had a similar issue with gen 5 heads. Thanks

GC Decor

Super Printer
Are your pressure pumps going bad ?? If your inks not being pulled equally it might cause issues. These are a replacement item in the user manual from fluid (Dropbox they give has a video for replacement).
What material are you printing on ?? We had a static issue with Coro and it caused a similar issue. Heads wouldn’t fire correctly due to static and caused the heads to get clogged up after a sheet or two.
You can call into fluid, we always got a good response from them or from our local sale company.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
My technician is excellent and you are welcome to call him about your Fluid Color machine. You can email me and I'll respond with his number. I agree with "GC Decor" in that most of the time if a print head is bad, it is consistently bad and doesn't improve for a few days and then go back to being crappy.

knabbie

Are your pressure pumps going bad ?? If your inks not being pulled equally it might cause issues. These are a replacement item in the user manual from fluid (Dropbox they give has a video for replacement).
What material are you printing on ?? We had a static issue with Coro and it caused a similar issue. Heads wouldn’t fire correctly due to static and caused the heads to get clogged up after a sheet or two.
You can call into fluid, we always got a good response from them or from our local sale company.
Morning, the pressure pump you talking about the one in the head carriage correct.
We have replaced the ink pump for the cyan. We only have cyan drop out. Would you think just one color would have an issue or all of them?
We have this issue printing with everything we are printing onto.
Fluid color has been a great resource, the service company in our area does not seem to be very reliable or responsive.
Maybe I can get back in touch the Fluid Color today. Appreciate your help! Thank you!

knabbie

My technician is excellent and you are welcome to call him about your Fluid Color machine. You can email me and I'll respond with his number. I agree with "GC Decor" in that most of the time if a print head is bad, it is consistently bad and doesn't improve for a few days and then go back to being crappy.
Morning Mark, sure if I could give him a call that would great. How can I get in touch with him?
Thank you!

knabbie

Just to give you an update. We replaced the air pump flushed out the print head, replaced all the ink lines from the subtank to the head. So far it it has been doing fine. Thank you for your help! Really appreciate it

signheremd

Glad to hear you are up and running. Sounds to me like an air-bubble (which happens from time to time) - bleeding the line for Cyan would be the way to work that out. Other than that, I would have looked at negative pressure. We find we need to adjust negative pressure about twice a year. These are just tips for next time.

knabbie

Glad to hear you are up and running. Sounds to me like an air-bubble (which happens from time to time) - bleeding the line for Cyan would be the way to work that out. Other than that, I would have looked at negative pressure. We find we need to adjust negative pressure about twice a year. These are just tips for next time.
Morning Signheremd, I'm guessing your in MD. We did adjusted negative pressure all over the place did not do anything. Since we had the printer Jan 2020 negative pressure was never an issue. Do you have a reliable source for service? Appreciate the feed back!
Thanks!

signheremd

Morning Signheremd, I'm guessing your in MD. We did adjusted negative pressure all over the place did not do anything. Since we had the printer Jan 2020 negative pressure was never an issue. Do you have a reliable source for service? Appreciate the feed back!
Thanks!
Message sent with service contact info