• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hard drive cloning software

since the virus on signs101 and losing some programmes, but not all thankfully....i do back stuff up onto an extrenal hard drive. i had to reformat 2 hard drives so, i am looking at cloning/mirror software for our hard drives. i have looked at acronis, and i came across this>>>

http://www.todo-backup.com/?gclid=CIvv7-fnwawCFQen7QodHElZsA

can someone with tech knowledge take a look and let me know if its any good as a cloning tool please.

thanks

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What brand of drive(s) do you have?
I think all major manufacturers offer free back-up/cloning apps on their support sites.
I have Acronis True Image for WD on this system.
Does what it needs to do and is only limited by having to have at least 1 western Digital drive hooked up.

wayne k
guam usa

i have vista 32 and not sure right now what hd manufacturer i have. the site i linked to has the programme for free, just wondered if its any good. i did see a youtube vid with a guy using it and it seemed ok.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have not used that one...
If you right click your "my Computer" icon
and open up the Device manager under disk drives it will list the model of any hard drives you have mounted.

wayne k
guam usa

WildWestDesigns

Acronis is one that I use as well. I think there is one that is kinda up and coming I think it's something along the lines of Esus, but I could have gotten it mixed up with Asus. I'm pretty sure it starts with an "E" though. Hell I don't know.

SignBurst PCs

Vista can create an image, but not all versions have it. The same for Windows 7. I think that it needs to be business, professional, or ultimate. I know that this doesn't apply to the OP, but many Western Digital drives have free imaging software available for download. As stated above Acronis works well and I am not sure if Symantec still has it available, but I have used Ghost in the past with success.

signage

Acronis is cheap for having a good piece of mind! It would pay for itself the first time you need it!

Acronis is one that I use as well. I think there is one that is kinda up and coming I think it's something along the lines of Esus, but I could have gotten it mixed up with Asus. I'm pretty sure it starts with an "E" though. Hell I don't know.

yeah, check out the link in post one.....see if thats the one...think it is.

so, any opinions on the software i have the link to? is it good? worth trying??

WildWestDesigns

That's the one. You don't want to use the free one and it does depend on the situation that you are working in, but other then that it's a good program.

There was one instance that I was dealing with a failing drive and it didn't work, I had to go with Acronis.

David Wright

I have used Acronis and it restored everything perfectly.
Since the my new computer has windows 7 home version and the microsoft imaging software did just as well. Both were easy to use.

signage

What I like about Acronis is once you have a restore point Image, you can create an image of your folders and us that as your achieving. You can even just take files off that image!

jtrainor56

Never used EaseUS but we use Acronis on all of our servers. My full time job is for an IT company with 3 data centers, one in Philly and two in the Reading area. These servers run Windows server 2000 to 2008, Exchange servers, vmware, linix, etc. Also use it on my own pc's.