• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hard PVC Komacel alternative?

jeffkics

Sign Says
Since there is NO komacel on the East coast anywhere. Does anyone know of an alternative? that has a hard outer surface? I am looking for 3/4" thickness.

TYIA!

DPD

Since there is NO komacel on the East coast anywhere. Does anyone know of an alternative? that has a hard outer surface? I am looking for 3/4" thickness.

TYIA!
Yup. I wrote this in another post. My supplier is 45 days out on Komacell and getting post sleeves is near impossible. Something has drastically changed since "The Virus". I'm wondering why, if the world has opened up again, we are experiencing shortages. Some have said demand has crushed supply but that doesn't account for the inventory that wasn't being used before the demand increased. I guess 100 years from now when the historians and economists write about these bygone days we'll find out what really is going on.

Steenland

Old Member
I checked Harbor Sales' web site, and they say that 49" x 10' x 3/4" Komacel "ships in 1 day". Don't know how accurate that is, but it might be worth a call. Most of the other sizes say they ship in 22 or 45 or 54 days.

They do have 63 sheets of 4 x 8 x 1/4" in stock. Maybe you could paste three sheets together?

Harbor is in Baltimore. HarborSales.net

jeffkics

Sign Says
Exterior, and Harbor is where I usually get it, If you check back today it says will ship in 5 days, then it counts down again and repeats. this has been happening for last month, cant wait any longer, need something soon in 3/4" for this job.

Johnny Best

Your PVC tanker headed your way this morning...

Attachments

• pvctanker.jpg
    pvctanker.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 60

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That one's from Germany.

Here's the one on a slow boat from china.........................

1631887082741.png