• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anybody ever bought a print head from somewhere like ali baba?

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
I would just suggest you really know exactly what you need and what you're doing if buying from Alibaba. You'll likely get exactly what they advertise they are going to send you but sometimes it's pretty easy to order the wrong thing. If it's an Epson head I'd prob advise finding it domestically as it won't be much more and you'll get support. We ship in a ton from overseas but it's easy to screw up and you're not going to get a refund or much support if you screw up.

TD Digital

Digiprint supplies and Alibaba have less than A grade printheads. Nothing wrong with them but they are not perfect and may have some minor jetting issues. I have several Gen5 available direct from Ricoh if anyone needs the Gen 5

chester215

Just call me Chester.
We tried buying HP latex printer print heads when HP stopped producing them.
From what I remember about 75% + were bad. They were cheap enough at the time that it was worth a shot.
I don't think I would take a chance with a more expensive print head.

spb

✨鞄➕
I bought an Epson DX4 (Roland SP-300V) from sign-in-china.com and it's been going strong for over three months with no issues. Make sure they are printheads specifically for the printer you are using (a DX4 for a Roland printer will be different than a DX4 for a Mutoh printer).

I bought an Epson DX4 (Roland SP-300V) from sign-in-china.com and it's been going strong for over three months with no issues. Make sure they are printheads specifically for the printer you are using (a DX4 for a Roland printer will be different than a DX4 for a Mutoh printer).
how did it hold up?

spb

✨鞄➕
how did it hold up?
The DX4 lasted at least six months up to when I sold the SP-300V. I also bought a DX7 in November for a VS-300i and it's been working since then, so about four months and counting

sign-in-china.com is now sign-in-global.com.

It is absolutely a gamble because if you get something and it has an issue, you might be out of luck. Don't know because I haven't run into any issues.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
From personal experience, I'd say stay away, as we received a damage one and they refused to help us with an exchange and would only give a small refund, far from what we paid. It might suck to pay the proper higher price, but the quality and peace of mind is worth the extra cost from the dealer or more reputable sellers.

spb

✨鞄➕
From personal experience, I'd say stay away, as we received a damage one and they refused to help us with an exchange and would only give a small refund, far from what we paid. It might suck to pay the proper higher price, but the quality and peace of mind is worth the extra cost from the dealer or more reputable sellers.
was the damaged one from sign-in-china?

Zoogee World

was the damaged one from sign-in-china?
No Aliexpress, a.k.a. Alibaba. We buy our SP-300V heads (I believe DX5) from Sign-in-china and have always been happy with the results, been doing it for about 10 years.

• Agree
Reactions: spb

spb

✨鞄➕
No Aliexpress, a.k.a. Alibaba. We buy our SP-300V heads (I believe DX5) from Sign-in-china and have always been happy with the results, been doing it for about 10 years.
I don't think i've seen anyone have a bad experience with sign-in-china/sign-in-global. I have read about some bad experiences with other places, though, doing things like selling used or broken printheads

Zoogee World

I don't think i've seen anyone have a bad experience with sign-in-china/sign-in-global. I have read about some bad experiences with other places, though, doing things like selling used or broken printheads
Exactly. I get a lot of my wear and tear parts from them on a usual basis and have only had minor issues once, but that's the gamble you take going cheaper, however, with the SP-300V's, not many places carry parts anymore. I even buy some of my parts for our newer machines from them, but there are still parts we buy directly from our local dealer.

• Agree
Reactions: spb

damonCA21

If they are suspiciously cheap ( like half the price ) or are sold as refurbished, then they are a scam. You will be sent an old non or partly working head, and have zero chance of getting a refund from them.
Nobody is selling new epson heads for less than the trade price for new ones.
There are genuine sellers on there, but for the sake of a couple of hundred dollars, just get one from your local supplier who will stand by what they sell