• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Has anyone else had this issue? hp335 Leaking right where the nut connects.

Vinyl Monkeys

Did this right before the warranty expired. Hp fixed 3 separate times each time it was a different color. Finally the last time the replace all the guts. 6 mos. later it started doing it again. I cannot find anything on this issue and both techs have never ran across this issue on a new machine. machine is only 18 mos. old. Is this what I will be expecting?
20231228_080449.jpg
20231228_082423.jpg 20231228_082429.jpg 20231228_080449.jpg 20231228_182000.jpg 20231228_080439.jpg

cornholio

Could be a bad batch of Luer connectors... or the plastic of the PIPs is more brittle... I also never encountered it multiple times on the same unit in such a short time.

Vinyl Monkeys

Thanks for the part definition. Both techs that came out told me what it was as we can see clearly. One tech also said he has never seen this on a newer machine, only like on old ones. I'm thinking it has to do with the pressure regulator cause there are times when I am changing cartridges mode and the pressure sounds like air brakes being released. I felt it used to not be that loud. and there are no error codes showing on my machine. I though maybe, I hope HP will honor some way. I cannot afford to have a tech come fix every 6 mos. Might have to buy an Epson. What a waist of $13k

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You are not changing cartridges without initiating the replacement from the screen, right? There should be no air pressure if so.

However it is completely normal that the air valve lets out a hiss. The system is 5psi when running.

I say I hate those black connectors more than the old transparent ones. I like the old ones.

Last edited:

Vinyl Monkeys

You are not changing cartridges without initiating the replacement from the screen, right? There should be no air pressure if so.

However it is completely normal that the air valve lets out a hiss. The system is 5psi when running.

I say I hate those black connectors more than the old transparent ones. I like the old ones.
I initiate change from screen before pulling. Actually wait until it says ok. Have never not. Actually did not know you could. Just when it does it seems to hiss really loud. Like longer than 5psi.

cornholio

A problem with the APS would have been my next guess, because different colors are affected... (AirPressureSystem)
Most of the times, I had troubles with it, it was too little pressure because of leakage or failing pumps...

ToTo

Professional Support
Check the tiny tube to pressure sensor on upper iss pca. Sometimes it is slightly kinked. Seen frequently, but never caused your issue to my experience.

Attachments

• IMG_0608.jpeg
    IMG_0608.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 46

Vinyl Monkeys

Check the tiny tube to pressure sensor on upper iss pca. Sometimes it is slightly kinked. Seen frequently, but never caused your issue to my experience.

Looks ok. A little at the nipple but this hose is like very flexible and not hard at all

Attachments

• 20231230_082130.jpg
    20231230_082130.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48