• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HAS ANYONE HAD PROBLEMS with INKMED China?????

tooserious

I purchadsed a printhead from InkMed Adam in China. He did me a solid on an old program so I thought what the heck.
I had a printer head that was going bad so I ordered one. I got the new one and it didn't work. They said sorry!!!!!!!
I had to buy another one from another source and it worked great. i have changed 8 of theses never a DOA but thats what I got with InkMed. They sent me 2 new pumps and neither one will close off on one of the caps when doing nozzle wash. I sent the head back to them but of course they claim to have never gotten it back???????????:banghead::omg:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I had problems with him but not like you're having. He likes to sell to members using PMs to avoid buying a merchant subscription. He was banned a while back.

tooserious

Wow he is still lurking......................

That really makes me mad because he is still in posts and people say to use him............inkmedcn.com
Scammer Dang Thank you I will spread the word!!!

inkjet frank

Mimaki parts

Never heard ears of this Chinese company.
But if you need OEM Mimaki, Mutoh parts, you cmay find them at the link below. They are cheaper than directly from Mimakior Mutoh.

there are warranties on all parts.

I purchadsed a printhead from InkMed Adam in China. He did me a solid on an old program so I thought what the heck.
I had a printer head that was going bad so I ordered one. I got the new one and it didn't work. They said sorry!!!!!!!
I had to buy another one from another source and it worked great. i have changed 8 of theses never a DOA but thats what I got with InkMed. They sent me 2 new pumps and neither one will close off on one of the caps when doing nozzle wash. I sent the head back to them but of course they claim to have never gotten it back???????????:banghead::omg:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
On pumps, ALWAYS get an original Mimaki OEM one. The aftermarket ones never last very long at all, often less than a month. I have personally seen this over a half a dozen times. For some reason an OEM original Mimaki pump just runs and runs for several years with no problem. I just looked at Inkjet Franks site and he does have a decent price on the pump. On the heads - not sure if you are running a JV3 or a JV33. I have no idea on JV3 heads anymore since I got rid of our old one several years ago. On JV33 machines it has gotten very hard to find generic Epson DX5 heads that are not locked. Epson got tired of the Chinese buying up literally hundreds and hundreds of R1900, R2000, etc desktop printers for cheap and ripping the heads out to use in wide format machines so Epson started locking the heads back in early 2014. Initially they would seem fine but would leave a gap in the printing every so many inches. The Chinese got wise to that and then made a head decoder board that would work around this issue. So all was good again in the cheap DX5 head world for about a year. Then Epson made some more changes to how they were encrypting the heads to only work on Epson machines. These are commonly called "second time locked" heads. There is no workaround for using these newest locked DX5 heads. This means you pretty much have to get an OEM Mimaki DX5 head with the green connector for $1700+ unless you happen to run across a new old stock Epson DX5 head that is a couple of years old or you buy an older used Epson desktop that uses a DX5 and take your chances that its 100% good. Also on a JV33 you must be running firmware 2.20 or above 4.40 to use a generic unlocked DX5 head (above version 4.40 there is a workaround in the firmware to allow you to use a generic DX5 head without getting a device construction error). Its in some respects unfortunate because Epson makes a better DX5 head than what they OEM to Mimaki. Epson has one with a Teflon coated nozzle plate (the nozzle plate will be gold in color instead of dark grey) which stays a LOT cleaner and is also easier to keep clean and it works 100% perfectly fine in a JV33 running Triangle full solvent inks.... Wish I could find a couple more of those Teflon coated unlocked DX5 heads. Those are great. You do of course have to change the head manifold on a generic head as well to a solvent resistant manifold and they generally do not have a head rank voltage ID that the Mimaki will accept but they still work just fine. Again though, not very easy to find generic unlocked DX5 heads anymore. :(

While I've never ordered from Inkjet Frank (Inkjetparts.net) being on here I'd feel just fine and safe to order from them. I've also used Digiprint-Supplies.com and solventparts.com many times as well.